don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Brock Crocodile Demo 2022

General Information

header 1.png
Brock Crocodile returns to SAGE... Maybe one last time?! Join us on our most polished demo to date and the final iteration of the current Brock. In this demo you'll be blasting your way through the Raptor Ruins, facing against a horde of bees and then enjoy chilling in the town of Crocoh Lake.

Brock_Steam_Display.gif

The following features

- Two levels to adventure through: Beehive Battleship is a mechanical marvel… but it’s also a beehive, so try not to get stung! But before then you'll have to take care of some menacing turtle punks in the Raptor Ruins
- Customisable controls: Want to play the game with your own setup? No problem! Customise the inputs however you like. W, A, S, and D or Up, Down, Left and Right - pick whatever suits you! D-pad? Analogue stick? We’ve got you covered!.
- Window options: Choose from a variety of sizes for the game's 'windowed' mode. Alternatively, you can enjoy the demo in complete fullscreen glory!
- Chiptune music goodness for your soul: Enjoy music that is totally from a Mega Drive, you'll be reliving the 90s listening to this soundtrack!
- A richer narrative: Get to know the characters and world of Brock Crocodile. Now you can chat with the (mostly) friendly residents of Crocoh Lake, and enjoy quirky story-snippets in all-new cutscenes.
- A cosy place to crash: You can access Brock’s pad to get hints for secret treasures, change your controls, and even listen to the game's soundtrack. Oh, and it’s a pretty cool place to hang out, too!

Please consider what Brock has to say below and support the project with a Wishlist

MEMEBROCK.png

Listen to BROCK! Visit the Steam page today.

We would also love it if every who has played the demo would be kind enough to provide some feedback in the link below. It's important for us to hear what you really think about the game and in ways we can improve the gameplay, art and music to create the best gaming experience possible from our team.

Also find us on
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/digicroc/
Discord: discord.gg/wagSZMVN44

BrockReferenceSheet2021.jpg

Hey YOU! Want to draw Brock? Well here's a reference sheet!​

Comments

This is okay. I pressed Esc at some point during the second boss and the game instantly closed itself and I didn't want to redo all my progress, so I don't know if there was anything after that. The camera is way too overeager and needs some work to not turn people's stomachs. The level design looked pretty good with all the alternate paths. Neither of the weapons felt like they had much weight to them. In general I felt like I was playing Sonic 2 with fewer colors and mostly unnecessary cutscenes, though the turtle boss did a good job of feeling like a Bucky O'Hare baddy.

This is okay. I pressed Esc at some point during the second boss and the game instantly closed itself and I didn't want to redo all my progress, so I don't know if there was anything after that. The camera is way too overeager and needs some work to not turn people's stomachs. The level design looked pretty good with all the alternate paths. Neither of the weapons felt like they had much weight to them. In general I felt like I was playing Sonic 2 with fewer colors and mostly unnecessary cutscenes, though the turtle boss did a good job of feeling like a Bucky O'Hare baddy.
Thank you for the feedback! We've rectified our camera issues but unfortunately could not get it ready for this version of the game, as for the gun and whip, we'll be looking to improve that in the next iteration. Thanks for playing!

First impressions:
  • Levels were large but flow well and move at a fast clip
  • Character interactions were fun
  • Gun attacks trivialized the boss fights overall, but the bosses themselves presented interesting attack patterns
  • The map screen spells it "Croco Lake" but the level card and included manual spell it as "Crocoh Lake". WHICH ONE IS IT?
Don't really have too much to say outside of that. This is a solid action platformer overall. I liked the flow of the level designs and the writing was entertaining.

The game is really, the only thing is that the controls are a bit delayed or not working at all sometimes, but overall really good game.
I'm glad you liked it overall! We'll be working hard to improve the controls in the next iteration of Brock. If you haven't already, please consider filling up this survey HERE. If you have already, thanks a bunch!

First impressions:
  • Levels were large but flow well and move at a fast clip
  • Character interactions were fun
  • Gun attacks trivialized the boss fights overall, but the bosses themselves presented interesting attack patterns
  • The map screen spells it "Croco Lake" but the level card and included manual spell it as "Crocoh Lake". WHICH ONE IS IT?
Don't really have too much to say outside of that. This is a solid action platformer overall. I liked the flow of the level designs and the writing was entertaining.
Misspelt Crocoh Lake because still traumatised from being DESTROYED in Puyo Puyo.

Item information

Added by
Aki-at
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Aki-at

Share this item