don't click here

Christmas SAGE 2023 Sonic Worlds Next (Godot 4.2 update)

Overview

Welcome to Sonic Worlds Next, the Sonic game development kit for Godot! This framework is designed to be easily accessible, accurate and flexible.

For 2023 the team's been hard at work updating sonic worlds next to be compatible with Godot 4.2, adding more features such as water gimmicks, teleporters, bug fixes and most notably a new playable Amy!

Updates

Godot 4 Update feat. Amy

Credits

Programming - Sharb, DimensionWarped
Additional help - Vadapega, ChrisFurry

Music by MCKaosu/NoveltyMan, Aikocho

Amy Sprites - SomeGuyOnline, Dolphman
Misc Amy sprites (item icon, goal sign) by E-122-Psi, ChelseaCatGirl, MotorRoach
Shadow sprites (player, item icon, goal sign) by Gardow
Ray sprites (item icon, goal sign) by WizToad
Mighty sprites (item icon, goal sign) by Dolphman
Sonic (S2 style) corkscrew run animation redux by Dolphman
Composite Sonic sprite set by Dolphman, TheGoku7729, Glitchy, Electro Nova, CartoonsAnimate22, MarioMadness734, JoshStrikesBack, Kris/Deno, Anne-Marie64, Egg Master, Paveldechev0604, Doc Melonhead, Shinbaloonba

All other graphical assets were taken from the original games and their prototypes, or edited/custom made by the Worlds Next Team.

Comments

we're going to leave that up to the developer to decide, it's not too hard to set it up through the project settings
I noticed when you do that it messes with the hud and the game gets extremely zoomed out, is there anyway to fix that?

This is amazing. Massive props to everyone who helped make this a reality.

Do you have tutorials or any type of documentation planned?

Guys, you are A M A Z I N G ! I was searching for a Sonic engine that would run in Godot for months! And now I wake up to see there is a newly released right here. And I saw you're planning tutorials. Even better! Yeah, I know it isn't finalized, but it's still good enough. Thank you so much for this!

Last edited:
Is this a fork of Marmito's code? Also, what's the license for the code?

Is this a fork of Marmito's code? Also, what's the license for the code?
No this is completely original as I built most of this from the ground up myself with contributions from other coders.
And Last i checked this is under an MIT license, basically just credit and you should be fine.

So has there been a community site or discord server setup for this? I've looked around but haven't found anything. Also is there going to be a githib page? If not I don't mind opening one for this project to help centralize development.

So has there been a community site or discord server setup for this? I've looked around but haven't found anything. Also is there going to be a githib page? If not I don't mind opening one for this project to help centralize development.
Currently there's no plans for a Server as far as my interactions have seen, but we are planning a github page for the next major public release.

Currently there's no plans for a Server as far as my interactions have seen, but we are planning a github page for the next major public release.
That's great to hear. I am actually in the middle of setting up a private gitlab as I lost the work I was doing adding Cream to the engine. Did you guys have a license in mind? Creative Commons, bsd, etc?

That's great to hear. I am actually in the middle of setting up a private gitlab as I lost the work I was doing adding Cream to the engine. Did you guys have a license in mind? Creative Commons, bsd, etc?
Last I checked, Current license is MIT so long as credit is given where it's due.

Item information

Added by
Sharb
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in 2D Frameworks

More from Sharb

Share this item