don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Project Rascal Online Multiplayer Demo

General Information

Project Rascal is a fast-paced 3D action platformer inspired by the greatest hits of the mascot platformer genre. In it, you take control of Rascal, a nimble kid with a lot of attitude and a knack for adventure. Rascal is part of an ancient civilization long forgotten; One day the island they inhabit gets attacked by a mysterious individual looking to uncover the secrets of the Shards, and it's up to Rascal and his friends to foil their plans and restore peace to the island once again.​
Project Rascal has been in development for 2 years and it's the brain child of two Brazilians with a passion for game development. All the feedback is appreciated. If you would like to contact us, or simply just find other people with a similar interest in the game please join our Official Discord Server.​

If you would like to help us develop the game, you can do so by supporting us on Patreon or simply by following us on Twitter and telling your friends about the project. We hope you have a great time with it!​

Playstation Controller Users: Currently DualShock 4 and DualSense controllers are not supported by the game and can cause some weirdness even if just plugged. If you have one of those and wish to use it to play the game, please use Steam to set up the controller or an emulator such as DS4Win.

Rascal
is the game's main protagonist. He's very acrobatic and courageous. Bounce, grind, jump, drop kick and dash through beautiful stylized landscapes with this goofball with a passion for adventure.

He's incredibly nimble and has a powerful set of abilities that help him navigate and make the most out of the terrain. Rascal is also capable of turning himself into a ball and move around with ease and achieve great speeds.​

PS_LS_stick.png
- Movement
XB_A.png
- Jump
XB_X.png
- Action
XB_B.png
- Bounce

XB_LT.png
or
XB_RT.png
- Ball Form

Latest reviews

Alright I must say, I know next to nothing about Sonic 3d games, yet, I still got my expecations exceeded. The controls are excellent, really coursing through the levels is a joy and the solid control of your character helps, even if I screw up once or twice I could save myself.
The aforementioned level design is excellent, takes advantage of the character's speed and abilities, but timing and having to stop to think is important too.
Of course, the graphics are GORGEOUS, beautiful style, really pushes the engine and goes for style rather than graphical bloat, so much that even my potato PC can run it.
Overall I can't say really it's a perfect game since it's incomplete, but if you don't drop the ball and keep the excellent level design through the end, you might actually have solid gold.
Really only "complains" I have is the lack of sound effects for running for example, only one music track and no enemies, but I think in conclusion you have a very good game, well done.
Last edited:

Comments

--Tested on Steam Deck--

Absolutely brilliant game with a huge amount of potential. I can really see this game doing well commercially since it is great fun. Controls are very satisfying and feels very rewarding to perform manevoures. Additional features such as support for LInux and alternative resolutions are also greatly appreciated and demonstrates a high level of care from the developers. Having played Sonic GT I was not surprised by the high level of quality that the devs showed through their work and continue to be impressed by their skills. I look forward to play the full game at some point in the future.

Only issue I ran into was having to run the game in Desktop mode on Steam Deck to get it to work, as opposed to dropping it in as a non-steam game and then playing via Gaming mode first. It works via Gaming mode after launching via Desktop, so if anyone else is playing on Steam Deck, then please run the .exe game file first via Desktop (making sure to change it to Proton compatability in settings) then you're good to go. I'm pretty sure this is a Steam Deck quirk that will be ironed out in the near future. Other than that, controls worked a charm and so did adjusting to the specs.

Last edited:

Item information

Added by
Greedy_Raider
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Original Games

More from Greedy_Raider