don't click here

Sonic Mania Heroes (Preview Build)

Project Overview

Sonic Mania Heroes is a Mania modification aiming to alter the gameplay of Sonic Mania, being a bit closer to Sonic Heroes.
The game stays unchanged for the most part, except for the gameplay.

In Sonic Mania Heroes, you have the possibility to create any team of 3 characters with the 5 available. (Sonic Mania Plus is highly recommended for this to work properly due to Mighty & Ray).

You'll also need to play either using a keyboard or an Xbox 360 controller !
Both "C" and "Z" unused buttons in Mania are used for this mod.
(they can be remapped for Keyboard user via Mania's dev menu or simply mapped for LB and RB respectively on a 360 Controller via the mod)

In the menus, "C"/LB will changes the cursor's position while "Z"/RB will changes the character selected.
During gameplay, when all 3 characters are crouching, press the "Super Transform" button or "Z"/RB to swap characters.
Looking up and pressing the same button will teleports your partners to your X/Y coordinates. (unless a character is currently flying in).

Screenshots and media!

Bonus Content

Notes :
  • Playing as Sonic / Mighty / Ray will change the act clear jingle to a remix of SegaSonic's.
  • Same with a team made of Knuckles / Knuckles / Knuckles.
  • You cannot swap characters when in a "Super" state.
  • Considering the current Mania modding state, several issues may happen.
  • All 3 characters can be controlled by players.

Credits

Credits :
  • LJSTAR: Developer, custom switching mechanics, custom assets & coding.
  • SuperSonic16: Co-developer, custom sprite rendering in the Save Select, optimized several parts of the code and wrote most of the structures.
  • Matter: New act clear jingles for Sonic/Mighty/Ray and Knux/Knux/Knux teams respectively.
  • CodenameGamma: For his discoveries in Mania's RAM. (The script that allows to have 3 characters in Mania Mode notably).

Latest reviews

so I downloaded the mod and I can only spectate the game I assume that's why the title is "preview build" but I feel kinda disappointed I cant even use the mod so it would be nice if someone could tell me what is going on
Sonic Fan Page

Comments

I download the mod but when I select save and play in the mod loader, it says: "The following mods didn't load correctly
Sonic Mania Heroes: not a valid mod file" and when the game starts, the title and menu has the texture of the mod but I can't use 3 characters at the same time, I only can play with one or two (with tails or knuckles mode) can someone tell me how I can fix this?

Man Why Does It Said The Following Mod Didn't Load Correctly

Yes, I DO have the latest version of Mania Plus

Yes, I DO have the latest version of the Mod Loader

Yes, This Doesn't Work

But Can U Fix It, Please?

So, I Downloaded the mod and I have the DLC and everything and I have been trying to change the characters in my team and wont work it only gives me sonic tails and knuckles PLEASE HELP

Is there possibly a way to change how many characters are on screen so I could have like Sonic Tails Knuckles Mighty and Ray on the Screen at the same time? like in the coding anywhere?

Item information

Added by
LJSTAR
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in SAGE 2018 [Archive]

More from LJSTAR