don't click here

Sonic GT

General Information

Sonic GT9_3_11_43_23.png

GT LOGO.png

Step into the Grand Tour...
No, that joke is overused! Anyway...

Welcome! This is the release of the finally complete Sonic GT. We have 4 Huge levels, more than 3 unique characters, a fully voice acted story, secrets, a combo system, ranks, challenges you name it.

I hope you like it, it took me 2 years to get everything to this point and a lot of blood sweat and tears from everybody involved.

JoltBanner.png

Download Link
GameJolt
(1.15Gb)

Sonic GT9_3_11_48_58.png

Sonic GT9_3_11_51_25.png

Sonic GT9_4_12_09_11.png

Sonic GT9_3_11_44_30.png

Sonic GT9_4_12_55_51.png

Sonic GT9_4_12_52_55.png

Sonic GT9_4_12_56_57.png

Sonic GT9_4_01_04_21.png

Latest reviews

Wow, Just wow. Out of all the official and fan sonic games I have played this one has some of the best polish I have ever seen! The game feels so stratifying and it looks stunning, dare I say Sonic GT rivals current official Sega made sonic games in terms of quality, gameplay, music, post game, and even story! Every level is so vast and fun too explore and the post game is so fun! All the characters are a joy too use and the controls are absolutely solid! The game features awesome voice acting as well as a great/witty story and the writing is not only top notch but honestly got a laugh out of me! The only point of constructive criticism I have is the final boss music doesn't quite fit the mood and that's about it. I so badly want a sequel too Sonic GT but even if we don't get one this still is a text book example of 3D sonic done right!
Just wanted to ask, how do you turn off the auto camera for boss fights? It's basically impossible for some fights because the camera angle will auto focus on bosses.
HOLY CRAP! Sonic GT is such a great game try it out NOW, OR ELSE!

Comments

Great game! I've played some of it today, and there's some things I like, and somethings that need to be tweaked.
The story is written with similar humor to a Sonic game, dare I say better. Some jokes were pretty good, and the VAs were great!
The momentum based movement always makes me feel like im moving so fast, even when I'm not. I really like momentum based gameplay, so this is a big plus for me.
The level design needs to be tweaked a bit. In the very first level, I found myself constantly getting lost due to tight speed requirements for some jumps, or just because the level sizes are HUGE, and constantly restarting so I can regain a sense of where I am. This applies to all levels i've played so far.
Unless I didn't see it, there NEEDS to be a way to fast forward text, because some of it scrolls, well, not anywhere near the speed of sound.
Overall, great game! If you just make it a bit more obvious where your supposed to go in the level, this would be a 10/10 game, but as it stands right now, this is an 8.5/10, which is still great. Good job!

Just played Sonic GT last night. The controls, physics, graphics, level design, and especially the enemy design are all pretty great. I like how the enemies pose a fair threat rather than basically being bowling pins that Sonic knocks over for special points. The level design also has a satisfying balance of feeling both open and linear. I liked the first boss that shoots bombs as you try to chase it, though I'm not too keen on the others. I personally recommend having more bosses that revolve around the concept of Sonic running forward while the enemy moves at a similar pace as opposed to running in a spikey arena or a relatively small circle.

However, I have to say that I'm not a fan of the writing. I'm probably gonna come off as a bit harsh here, but it's simply not interesting enough to justify it being completely unskippable. It should at least allow the player to skip the dialogue scroll instead of requiring them to wait several minutes after each level. I think allowing the player to read the dialogue at their own pace would help the pacing of the game as a whole. In terms of the actual writing, most of the jokes are pretty bad (Eggman smelling bad is just not funny, sorry), Eggman's motivation on stealing Mighty's shell is simply an absurd idea regardless of it's practicality (I shouldn't have to tell you what's absurd with stretching an animal corpse over a death weapon), the dynamic between Sonic and Tails is just "dumb arrogant hero who ignores the wisdom of his smarter and more mature sidekick who actually knows everything", and Sonic... hates Shadow?

Since when was that a thing? Shadow's not really much better than Knuckles in terms of having wronged Sonic, so does Sonic hate Knuckles too? It contradicts their rivalry shown in many of their previous games, and while Sonic was initially hostile to Shadow in SA2, that clearly changed around the end of the game and others onward when they worked together to stop the Biolizard. He was even friendly to him in Shadow's own gritty title, of where he greeted him with no hostile intent while the entire city was in ruins. To say that Sonic liked him better when he was dead is such a bizarre creative decision. I know I shouldn't expect Shakespeare from a Sonic game, but please find a better way to write Sonic than turning him into a spiteful and arrogant asshole. It just feels wrong on top of being unintentionally humorous.

That said, the gameplay definitely shines through and I'm excited to see more from this project. However, please consider adding a skip button for the dialogue scroll at the very least, as it really damages the pacing otherwise.

This game is close to perfect. The movement feels great, especially when you fully get going. It's also one of the best examples of open-ended 3D sonic design I've seen so far. Other fangames recently have been content with little test areas, or just one giant level like in green hill paradise or sonic utopia. I truly believe this style of game is perfect for sonic as a character and franchise, and I know it's very played out to say this. But I do hope sega is paying attention to games like this. it's a good indicator of where to take the franchise if nothing else in the gameplay department. That all being said, there are issues. Both minor, and major.

For one thing, the homing attack has a habit of locking onto new targets in the middle of attacking. This gets compounded by what I think was the weakest boss fight in the game. When you fight that bat-badnik at the end of stage 3. it'll decide when it wants to lock on to one of the different orbs last second before you can do anything. then you just get shocked. For me personally, it changed to the furthest one from sonic multiple times! even when the one I was attacking is right in front of him. This wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that the boss is the only truly awkward boss fight out of the three. It often felt like it was luck I could harm it. both due to the haphazard homing attack mechanics, but also because it was awkward to skillfully hit it. I see what you were going for, and I like it. Sonic boss fights are so rarely challenging. But I felt like I was actively fighting the game to try and hit it. plus it goes on for way too long without actually changing it's pattern up. I eventually caught on to the mechanic where if you're too far it will start its wind attack. But even then, it just. adding on more electric orbs doesn't really justify the boss fight's length. it should mix things up, (that or be a shorter fight) and maybe make it a slightly larger badnik. there were many times where I went to bonk it carrying my momentum from my homing attack but it just missed entirely. even though it was right there. beyond that, the boss fights were one of my favorite parts.

the arenas were unique for each, and the mechanics for the grounder boss and Eggman's tank were fun to deal with. The only things I'd change would be, have the grounder pursue you if you somehow manage to get really behind like I did with ray. yes, you can simply turn around and that is nice. but I think it's add a lot if it suddenly went turbo and looped around to attack you with some drill attack or something. As for the final boss, I'd improve the lighting and I'd program him to not fire the egg laser as you respawn. that happened a couple of times. other than that, I'd just give health bars to all three bosses. that'd add onto the sense of progression and motivate the player to keep fighting.

speaking of lightning. That was my main issue with the stages. especially in the pyramid stage, and underwater in ocean paradise, I had a hard time seeing. I can tell that was the intention of the former. but even then I'd make it a bit easier to see. I was half convinced the void were pits until I shot off the platform. As for the water, the lightning is an issue, but the filter doesn't help. i'd try for a filter that gives off a water effect without making it too hard to see. either one of these would probably help alot.

then theres the adventure story. While i liked it was short and sweet, i didn't quite like the writing. I love that you were deliberatly going for cheesy. But the actual lines could use some work here and there. Not to mention i do think some vocal diliveries need redoing. But the reall issues are the lack of skipping, which for a sotry this short is... just unesscary?? But my MAIN issue, was how sonic acts. I do persoanlly love sonic to be kind of a cheeky dickhead. He needs bite to his personality. That being said... between some of his exchanges with tails feeling alittle to forced in "haha, they're opposite" dynamic. (seriosuly, why would tails think sonic and mighty running towards the base onfoot is a bad idea?? two on the gorund, and one in the air makes alot of sense. if anything tails should suggest it.) To the fact he is... just so hostiel towards sahdow. Sega may be trying to reinforce shadow's rival status int he main games, but even they didnt make sonic this hostile towards him. Like, in what era of sonic could you ever iamgine him saying "i prefered it when he was willign to sacrifice himself" ? sonic would never say somehting that horrible. atleast not to shadow. If shadow is the vegeta in this scenario. Sonic needs to be the goku to balance it out. or if nothing else have sonic's remarks towards shadow be less venomous... it just felt so out of character.

beyond that. the last issue the story needs to fix is it's quips. it isn't groan worthy, but sometimes i'd raise my eyebrow at a quip in confusion, or int he case of the final cutscene i'd find it kind of awkward. really the script just needs a rewrite or too to fine tune it. that and i'd make some better cutscene cg's. these served it fine. but i'd either replace them, or srping for better ones in your next game.

My last main critcism is i was kinda dissapointed with how little difference in moveset everyone had. Sure they all had their main abilities. plus the stats of who was better at what is a nice touch (like ray being much slower on ground, because you're encouraged to glide more often. Or how or how mighty's bounce dash had mroe force than sonic's) but it jsut felt like everyone was the same. Hell, why does sonic even have the bounce attack?? hell, why do they all have it? if wehave different characters they should all have their own unique abilities. The basic movement, spin dash/roll, stomp, and event he homing attack are enough to make the three comaprable. Have sonic's abilities focus on keepign his momentum going(get rid of his bounce, and maybe have his brake also have a second function to give him a sidestep for obstacles), have mighty be all about his rolling and bouncing being better than either sonic or shadow, ray is fine as is (i'd just get rid of his bounce attack), and shadow?? the kick is cool... but i found little use for it. really shadow is the only one i dont know how to imrpove. beyond that, the gameplay jsut needs some fine tuning to make everything feel even smoother... oh. and please. make the moto bugs abit larger, AND REMOVE. THAT SOUND EFFECT. The motor sound you found for them is grating on the ears.

i hope my long wall here wasn't too grating. i genuienly liked this game and i think you barely need to improve it. This games strentghs are something to build upon. it's jsut thsoe few things i felt needed work.

This is the first Sonic fan game I've ever tried, and I'm actually really enjoying it. The levels in this game are actually more fun than a lot of the official Sonic games out there. The gameplay always feels fast-paced, and I love the open-world approach to the levels. There is no set path you have to take to finish, and there's so much to explore. The graphics are also great, and I was surprised to see it make my GPU break a sweat. Thanks for the great game!

Any chance we'll get more stages to play in the future? Obviously the campaign is complete, but I'd love to see more stages to try out with the unique physics in this game. It's so fun! This game definitely deserves more content at some point.

Also obviously I know you guys worked really hard to even get the game to this point so I totally understand if you're done with it, or at least want a bit of a break before you put in any more work :)

Honestly I'm not sure if this is possible but, could you also add a link of the game to another website like google drive? If you answer thank you!

i don t know but can you put drift like sonic unleashed i think it will be awesome and boost idk the game is good within the boost but with the boost i dont know you can put it if you want in sage 2021

found glitch yes i found a glicht and i don t know if is knowed but all you have to do is have super sonic and you know the rings will fly to you you go to the part of the lightspeedash and you do it in the air and the glicht will appear for some reason the rings will start to multiply,multiply and multiply and kill tha barr of rings is a little fun i guess?

pls someone got a 100 save file i got it once but my computer break up a little part and mi save file got deleted pls upload just to me because some people can just download de save and got all the game without doing nothing

and i got an idea if someone upload a mod to use the boost is incredible i think the level design will match

Hey, so I have a question. Where is the save file??
Bacause my pc hard drive was replaced by another but the other one is still there, and it seems that I don't have my past save file, so i want to locate it in the old hard drive

Hey, so I have a question. Where is the save file??
Bacause my pc hard drive was replaced by another but the other one is still there, and it seems that I don't have my past save file, so i want to locate it in the old hard drive
it's in "C:\users\<yourusername>\AppData\LocalLow\Gabriel Gonzalez\Sonic GT\GameData.GT"

I've seen play but I wish I could play this on my chromebook. If there's a way you could make this able to play on chromebooks it'd much appreciates. I would LOVE to experience this beautiful game

Very, very good. I only have 2 problems. I can't figure out the combo system. It gets stuck at 28 and doesn't add any of the new stuff I do to it. I don't know how to end a combo before it fades out, and that info is not in the tutorial. (So if someone can help with that, I'd appreciate it. )

And the other is the homing attack. It needs to switch targets a little slower. And needs to be locked to a target once the homing attack begins. More than once I have had it switch mid target and I just end up missing both.

Other than that, this is really fun to control, the momentum you can achieve is amazing and I would love to see a full length sonic game approach it this way. Really good job! Easily one of my favorite fan games.

The game is very good and a lot of fun, several paths to choose from, it has very cool and very colorful levels, with great graphics! but it is very short ... I hope the game will have more levels in the next update, it needs at least only two new levels. maybe like extras

Item information

Added by
Greedy_Raider
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.56 star(s) 25 ratings

More in Fan Games

More from Greedy_Raider

Share this item