don't click here

Virtua Sonic

General Information

Virtua Sonic is a virtual reality experience where you become the iconic hedgehog, traversing original Zones, defeating enemies, collecting rings and, of course, using the terrain to your advantage to achieve high speeds.

Virtua Sonic features an all-new story, sure to tickle long-time fans of the series.

T
his project's goal is to push the boundaries of what sorts of experiences are capable in virtual reality, showcasing the potential of the medium as it pertains to high-speed action games.

This experience is compatible with all SteamVR-compatible headsets:
  • HTC Vive
  • Vive Cosmos
  • Valve Index
  • Oculus Rift
  • Oculus Rift S
  • Oculus Quest (Through Oculus Link only)
  • Windows Mixed Reality
  • Pico Neo 2 (Through Streaming Assistant only)
System Requirements:
  • Windows 7/10 PC
  • GTX 1070 or equivalent GPU
  • Core i5-4690 or equivalent CPU
  • 8 GB RAM
VirtuaSonic_Draft4.png

Latest reviews

game game itself is pretty incredible, one thing is that i use valve index and i really don't know how to move, the only way that i can play is jumping and doing the homming attack to move around the level, if someone knows the movements i'll be happy to know.
B
bab
Download where

Comments

works great, and i apreciate what you are going for here, but any chance of other control schemes? like one that utilises the joysticks on controlers for seated play or people without much space.

I've created an account just to comment this fan game ...

because it's AMAZING !

The control are great and easy to use.

The level design is super cool.

Sonic in VR is kind of weird when we say it ... but when we play Sonic in VR it's sooo cool.

The little story was great too ! i felt implicated in the story. i was even miming sonic movement when it talks to tails,cream and eggman !

A really cool experience. i will link this game to my friends they have to play it !

I hope one day we will have more levels or something new to this.
And i hope my english is not broken (french guy here)

And Thank you for this amazing fan game !

the HTC vive controls are extremely hard to control could you update it to where you could change in the settings if you want the original controls and or the the new and easier

First-person Sonic sounds like a blast, but I'd love to play it using real controls instead of forking out $700 for Wii Waggle 2.22

On behalf of the VR community and specifically my own, thank you very much for this experience, I loved it. The only downside is that I think it would be more accessible if it could also be played with a normal controller. If you make a complete game, without a doubt, I will buy it. Thank you very much again.

Just tried it with wireless with virtual desktop on Quest 2, and it works great. I just had to klick the exe and it ran perfectly.

I could use some help with the controls. I'm playing on an index - crossing my arms doesn't initiate a roll. Tried it over and over for about 10 minutes but never rolled down the hill in the tutorial. Is it a very specific angle or something. Also the dash part when you hold the triggers, that works, but it doesn't get enough speed to get high enough to go through the rings in the tutorial. Is there a button combination I need to do after releasing the triggers?

I could use some help with the controls. I'm playing on an index - crossing my arms doesn't initiate a roll. Tried it over and over for about 10 minutes but never rolled down the hill in the tutorial. Is it a very specific angle or something. Also the dash part when you hold the triggers, that works, but it doesn't get enough speed to get high enough to go through the rings in the tutorial. Is there a button combination I need to do after releasing the triggers?
Hmm... I don't have an Index with which to test, but it should just be a matter of getting up to speed and crossing your arms in front of your chest in order to roll. Same with the Spin Dash. Stand still, hold both triggers and cross your arms to begin charging the Spin Dash.

Sir, your game is absolutely beautiful and has tremendous potential but is in serious need of a new control scheme as a few others have told you.

I'm on the Vive and I'd really appreciate a singular run button, not only would that be easier on the arms and allow me to prepare them for a jump properly but it would be more immersive as a Sonic game. Running in gear shift mode is fun but jumping high while doing it is near impossible. I'm not even sure how you are supposed to catch those high up rings during the boss stage. Here's my idea: have the right trigger run and the left trigger jump, and make the left trigger homing attack in mid air as would the jump button in any other sonic game.

Second but arguably more importantly: the turning. I have serious muscle memory issues using two buttons to turn while running at high speed, especially when pulling the trigger causes a jump accidentally. I can't even turn properly while rolling if that was even possible in the first place. My suggestion is to either use a swipe across the trackpad to turn 45 degrees or use each grip button individually to drift in that direction.

What you've got is something spectacular waiting to happen but please consider these changes to the controls so I can play it proper.

Last edited:
this game revived my love for sonic, but i've noticed some weird issues. i'm playing on the occulus rift s, and noticed snap turning left is on the left controller, while snap turning right is on the right controller. why are these controls seperated? swinging your arm DOWN to jump UP is weird, follow Stride vr's example and have players swing up. if you get shot then attempt to spindash, the sound and controller vibration will work, but no spinning animation or actual spin action occurs. there are a metric ton of areas with jank geometry that cause sonic to stand sideways on the ground. but i gotta say, the story is 11/10, nostalgia ftw.

Okay so the games good, I like the movement, and the level design is nice and everything, 9/10

Except for the boss fight. How many hits is this b**ch meant to take, I spent 21 minutes on this f**ker before giving up, game ruined.

I'm Using A MR Headset...AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!! Please Make More Levels I'm Wishing For More!
(By The Way...The eggman Robot Boss Is A Bit Hard...But I Liked The Other Levels In Time Attack Mode)
ALSO: In Story Mode The Actors Are GREAT!!! Keep At It! (whoevers Doing It)

Item information

Added by
SuperSonic68
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item