don't click here

Out-Class Hunter SAGE 2020 Demo

General Information

ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD

WHAT IS OUT-CLASS HUNTER?

Out-Class Hunter is a fast paced platformer that aims to bring back things like hub worlds and fast paced gameplay. It even sports a mix of retro art styles and modern lighting techniques. A simple Single Player focused title that doesn't have things like lootboxes or live game services.

The Story follows the Bounty Hunter H-14 "Winona" tasked with taking down a mysterious mercenary who has taken a biome research space station hostage. This mercenary has completely flooded the station with his deadly robots. Luckily for H-14 for every one she takes down she gets a bigger reward.

Alpha Demo

This demo is a short piece of the beginning of the game. It features 3 stages 2 regular stages and 1 boss stage. It also includes a hub exclusive to this demo. This first chapter of the game is intended to an introduction to 3D platformers of all ages. Later chapters will feature much faster paced and difficult design and enemies.

The Full version of the game will feature a much larger hub with secrets to find and areas to unlock. Many more stages and even secret stages to discover!

Features
  • Fast Paced Gameplay
  • First Preview Chapter of the Full Game
    • 2 Normal Stages, 1 Boss Stage
    • Hub Featuring a Vending Machine
  • Bounty System! - You gain reward instead of points! Every robot destroyed,Boss Defeated,Stage cleared,Pickup Picked! gains you more reward! However being a bounty hunter ain't easy. Negative actions like Taking Damage, and Dying will make you lose reward and even go into debt!.
  • Spend that reward! - Sometimes you'll need to pay your way to success. You can buy extra lives,health,and sometimes you can only reach certain areas with enough reward.
  • Hub World! - Explore the Space Station,Spend your rewards, and Discover Secrets!*
This Game is a work in progress and still in Alpha. Everything is subject to change and there are bugs. if you want to give some feedback or bug report please do so in the Astrophobia Discord

*Hub Secrets disabled in demo

Latest reviews

I've never played Sonic Robo Blast 2, before, but I can kinda feel it in this game's engine. For me and how I play 3D platformers, that's going to mean my review here might not be up-to-code, so to speak, since I'm learnign the engine fresh.
(Fiyunn
: Haven't you played SRBK2, dood?)
High Points:
+When you can get used to how platforming works, it feels nice and fluid, traversing obstacles and destroying robots.
+I'm a sucker for forests, and the second stage feels especially nice~

Tripping Points:
-It's likely because I've never played SRB2 proper, but I had an especially hard time adjusting to the physics engine, especially for finite platforming. When moving on the ground, it feels fluid and graceful. In the air, on the other hand, it's incredibly stiff and awkward, especially if you have a lot of momentum. My issue ends up being that I can't seem to adjust to the sudden realism in aerial physics enough to make tight jumps, and as a result, over or under-compensate by a ridiculous degree.
-Play the second stage at absolute minimum quality, for the best experience. For reference, I have a B-tier HP Pavilion gaming rig and having the settings at second above minimum tanks the framerate and induces minor input delay. Go higher than that, and there can be up to a full 60 frames(one second) of delay, making platforming even more nightmarish. It's a shame, too, because the fog effects and the lighting on the trees(which I'm convinced are the cause of the issue) look absolutely gorgeous.

Mixed Nuts:
=Wait around for a minute in the opening area and check around the ruins lol
=I... managed to beat the boss, fling myself into the death pit, die successfully and clear the stage? Um... okay?
Reactions: 7hrone
7hrone
7hrone
Hey! Thanks for the review! This feedback will be very helpful

We made some major adjustments to Woodlands to help the FPS in the most recent update. If you weren't playing that build (V5 on here) you'd be getting low FPS. I would also love to get your full PC specs if you would DM them to me as it would help me a ton.

As for the death pit on the boss you don't actually "die" until you run out of lives. You teleport back to your last checkpoint. We might need to adjust the feedback to this and some boss balancing to make it more clear this is whats happening. We also plan to add a boss defeat cinematic in the future as well

Also to anyone who may read this any feedback on air control is super helpful we are always tweaking it to get it just right!

Comments

This one is really interesting! I like the visual style, especially with the 2D sprites against the 3D environments. The protag is really cute, too.

My biggest gripe is the controls. The protag runs forward SUPER fast, but turning is difficult. Aiming yourself in the air is way too slippery. It took me way too many tries to get over the platforms sticking out of the water.

I hope to see more of this one!

This one is really interesting! I like the visual style, especially with the 2D sprites against the 3D environments. The protag is really cute, too.

My biggest gripe is the controls. The protag runs forward SUPER fast, but turning is difficult. Aiming yourself in the air is way too slippery. It took me way too many tries to get over the platforms sticking out of the water.

I hope to see more of this one!
Controls are something we are always adjusting and improving. We hope to find that sweet spot.

We also have some new mechanics right around the corner planned that'll make things a lot better :)

This game is really cute and I had a ton of fun running super fast through the first level! The second level it kind of fell apart though :( I found the precision platforming to be way too hard because the character was just way too fast! Also I think the enemies are way too small and a little hard to see sometimes!

This game is really cute and I had a ton of fun running super fast through the first level! The second level it kind of fell apart though :( I found the precision platforming to be way too hard because the character was just way too fast! Also I think the enemies are way too small and a little hard to see sometimes!
I'm trying to figure out where people are having troubles with the precision platforming. There is quite a difference between KB+M and Controller movement currently.

Which controls were you using and what controller if using a controller?

As for enemies being too hard to read we've taken this feedback and already applied it to the game!

Item information

Added by
7hrone
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

More from 7hrone

Share this item