don't click here

Soro: The Stolen Crystals

General Information

Soro: The Stolen Crystals is a classic and cute 2D platformer inspired on the classics 90's games and made by almost one person. Join Soro on an adventure full of fun and challenges.

------------------------------------------------------
Synopsis

Soro is a simple young slime that dedicates his life to hunting for treasures. One day while he was sleeping, an army of Robots attacked him and stole all his crystals, leaving him with no choice but to fight the robots and travel through the eight islands to retrieve his treasures.

Characters

In this demo, 2 characters can be selected:
Soro, our brave hero who seeks to recover his stolen crystals. He is the most balanced character in the game and has the most traditional gameplay among all the others.

Gummy, the cute girlfriend of Soro. Her attack is a little weaker than Soro but her jump is perfect for finding secrets hidden in the scenery.

Stages

It's possible to access 5 stages in this demo, each one has 3 crystals to be collected:
To get the Blue Crystal, just reach the end of the level;

Finish the bonus stage to get the Lilac One;

And find the Green Crystal without taking damage;

Social Media

you can follow the development of the project at:

Instagram Twitter Youtube

Comments

This is a solid little platformer. Rolling is a satisfying way of traversal. I like the way the map screen also let you roll like that.

Hello, I tried out your game among a lot of other stuff from SAGE. I haven't done what I assume is the last stage yet, I got all the pink crystals but only found one of the green.

I like the presentation a lot, it's very cute. There's good color palettes and visuals. I like doing tiny sprites myself, so it's nice to see. Makes me think of kirby.

Though, I was a bit surprised at some of the difficulty. Starting off with one hit makes things pretty tense, and it felt like stages went on long without checkpoints. Stuff like the caves and the third level, with the hot air balloons, start to feel like they drag when I make a mistake and get hit once. I know there's fairies that provide an extra hit point, but I think you should consider giving the player at least 2 hitpoints, or being more generous with check points. I think the challenges you have by themselves are fair and provide interesting gameplay, so stuff like that would help balance it out.

The other thing I found odd was the attack, the one where you spit out a ball. The fact that the speed is random is what gets me. It makes it harder to attack enemies in a timely manner, and more likely to get hit if they're moving/shooting stuff too. It gives me the feeling I'm not supposed to attack, but then some areas put them in place where I have to deal with them or else I'm making it harder with that one hit point.

I suggest you make the attack come out at a fixed speed, so a player can know how far they need to be from the enemy in order to hit it.

The last suggestion I have is the dash. I like the idea of it a lot, I think it would help the gameplay if the boost of speed it gave lasted longer, and would carry with a jump. I feel something like that would make moving around more fun. A good example of what to look at for reference would be the dash shoes in Megaman X.

Again, I really liked the visuals, the backgrounds were pretty. The bonus round gave good variety and it was fun getting all he fruit before time ran out. I like the concept of switching characters and getting different abilities (like the rabbit jumping higher), and it went well with the level design. The levels have a good amount of secrets and variation on challenges, with multiple paths too which helped with replaying them after dying or trying to find the green crystal. The map is a cute touch too, and it's cool it's the same movement as the bonus round so I could get used to that in a safe environment. I hope you can continue development and make a really nice, cute game!

Hello, I tried out your game among a lot of other stuff from SAGE. I haven't done what I assume is the last stage yet, I got all the pink crystals but only found one of the green.

I like the presentation a lot, it's very cute. There's good color palettes and visuals. I like doing tiny sprites myself, so it's nice to see. Makes me think of kirby.

Though, I was a bit surprised at some of the difficulty. Starting off with one hit makes things pretty tense, and it felt like stages went on long without checkpoints. Stuff like the caves and the third level, with the hot air balloons, start to feel like they drag when I make a mistake and get hit once. I know there's fairies that provide an extra hit point, but I think you should consider giving the player at least 2 hitpoints, or being more generous with check points. I think the challenges you have by themselves are fair and provide interesting gameplay, so stuff like that would help balance it out.

The other thing I found odd was the attack, the one where you spit out a ball. The fact that the speed is random is what gets me. It makes it harder to attack enemies in a timely manner, and more likely to get hit if they're moving/shooting stuff too. It gives me the feeling I'm not supposed to attack, but then some areas put them in place where I have to deal with them or else I'm making it harder with that one hit point.

I suggest you make the attack come out at a fixed speed, so a player can know how far they need to be from the enemy in order to hit it.

The last suggestion I have is the dash. I like the idea of it a lot, I think it would help the gameplay if the boost of speed it gave lasted longer, and would carry with a jump. I feel something like that would make moving around more fun. A good example of what to look at for reference would be the dash shoes in Megaman X.

Again, I really liked the visuals, the backgrounds were pretty. The bonus round gave good variety and it was fun getting all he fruit before time ran out. I like the concept of switching characters and getting different abilities (like the rabbit jumping higher), and it went well with the level design. The levels have a good amount of secrets and variation on challenges, with multiple paths too which helped with replaying them after dying or trying to find the green crystal. The map is a cute touch too, and it's cool it's the same movement as the bonus round so I could get used to that in a safe environment. I hope you can continue development and make a really nice, cute game!
Thank you very much for your analysis, it will help me a lot to know the points that I should improve. = D

Some of your points mentioned are already being improved such as: Some stage's level design are being redone or reorganized so that the game will be more balanced, fluid and dynamic. I am also adding more checkpoints throughout the levels and more health potions to help players throughout that first world. The characters will now be a little faster in addition to having their spit at a fixed distance and a short-range attack for enemies nearby, item blocks have also been added and the cannon enemy has now been repaired and the player can predict when it will fire. everything is being properly arranged and will be presented in the next demo. A more fluid and "fast" game is coming. /ᐠ >ω< ᐟ\

Item information

Added by
Noggu Games
Views
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

More from Noggu Games

Share this item