don't click here

The Adventures of Kitty Jones

General Information

Kitty Jones is a 3D Platformer inspired by the likes of Banjo-Kazooie, Spark the Electric Jester 2 and the Sonic Adventure games.

Run, Jump, Slide, Grapple and Swing your way through the demo stage available and have a blast!

--- What is the state of the Project? ---

THIS IS JUST A PROTOTYPE. NOTHING SHOWN IN THIS DEMO IS REPRESENTITIVE OF WHAT THE GAME IS GOING TO BE. THIS DEMO LEVEL IS RATHER BUGGY AND FLAWED AND ITS LAYOUT WILL MOST LIKELY CHANGE IN LATER DEMOS.

Anyways, I still hope you enjoy it and have a blast!

--- What Stage will I play in? ---

Welcome to the... well... I haven't given it a name yet... let's just call it the Demo Stage! This futuristic city has been taken over by the Villain's evil Robots, and it's up to you to defeat them! Run, Grapple and Swing your way through the capital to reach the end of the stage and escape the evil Robots!

--- Where can I get the Demo? ---

You can Download the Game on this Page! Just scroll up, it should be around the top left corner of your screen. You need a program like WinRar to unpack .zip files.
So Download WinRar HERE: https://www.thecoderworld.com/how-to-download-winrar-for-free-windows-10/
If you're wondering why the Download is a .zip file, it's because folders are not Downloadable. Thus, we put the folders in a Downloadable state; a .zip file.

--- Can I donate to you? ---

Yes! If you download the game on my Itch.io page, here: https://enderelectrics.itch.io/kittyjones you can choose to donate to me right before Downloading the Project.

Please consider donating a few dollars to me, it's the only way you can support me for my YouTube channel, Art, Games and all my other projects and hobbies.

--- Why can I only donate to you in such an outlandish manner? ---

Because then you get a cool game for donating! You get something in return for donating, but if you don't wanna donate that's fine too.

Demo Stage:
bruhmmm.PNG

Results Screen:
GIF 30-7-2020 16-26-20.gif

Grappling Gameplay Footage (don't mind the unfinished stage in this clip):
GIF 3-8-2020 15-05-11.gif

Main Villain Sketch:
unknown (1).png

Enemy Model:
unknown (3).png

Comments

This one was... rough, but I appreciate what you're going for.

It was hard to get my bearings once the game started. You're kinda just sent flying, with no time to react to the corridors you're being launched down. The way the game alternates between "platforming areas" and corridors is nice, though. It's just hard to keep track of what's going on.

I also wished I could play the game at a higher resolution. I get the retro appeal of such a low resolution, but it detracts from the overall gameplay by reducing visibility. It's anti-aliased on top of that, so it's not very convincing as a retro throwback. I think some PS1-styled Dithering shaders and sharped-edged polygons would be enough for the aesthetic.

I'm looking forward to further development on this one, though!

This one was... rough, but I appreciate what you're going for.

It was hard to get my bearings once the game started. You're kinda just sent flying, with no time to react to the corridors you're being launched down. The way the game alternates between "platforming areas" and corridors is nice, though. It's just hard to keep track of what's going on.

I also wished I could play the game at a higher resolution. I get the retro appeal of such a low resolution, but it detracts from the overall gameplay by reducing visibility. It's anti-aliased on top of that, so it's not very convincing as a retro throwback. I think some PS1-styled Dithering shaders and sharped-edged polygons would be enough for the aesthetic.

I'm looking forward to further development on this one, though!
Thank you so much for your feedback!!
Yes, this is VERY rough... This test level is the textbook definition of "Level Design is my passion" haha!

I'll work on the resolution and Anti-Aliasing and may try to have a chat behind the creator(s) of Delta-gal for some tips on how to get the effect I'm looking for working.

Thank you so much for your feedback!!
Yes, this is VERY rough... This test level is the textbook definition of "Level Design is my passion" haha!

I'll work on the resolution and Anti-Aliasing and may try to have a chat behind the creator(s) of Delta-gal for some tips on how to get the effect I'm looking for working.
Hey, every game is rough at some point! I'd love to see this one improve!

Item information

Added by
EnderElectrics
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

Share this item