don't click here

Tails Adventure: Armada [Very Early Prototype]

General Information

Warning: This is not a finished game, it's a very early version of a prototype of the game so things will be buggy.

About the game :

Tails Adventure: Armada is an action platformer with a focus on story, exploration, and collection.

You play as the incredibly intelligent, twin-tailed prodigal kit fox, Miles "Tails" Prower caught in the midst of yet another Battle Bird invasion of Coco Island.

Run, jump, hover, and fly your way across the land. Explore, uncover secrets, solve puzzles, collect gadgets, upgrades, and candy in your efforts to dislodge the Battle Bird Armada and foil their mysterious plans.

Story Sinopsis :

The skies above Coco Island darken once again with the wings of the Armada. Speedy and his battle bird cohorts come in full force searching for something hidden within the island's lost history, no doubt with nefarious intent. Communications have been jammed. The skies are on lockdown. No one enters or leaves.

Cut off from his most powerful allies, Tails must use his wits, cunning, and inventions to fight back the invading avian menace. Rescue the Coco natives from the Battle Bird’s talons, race to uncover Coco Island's greatest secrets, and send the Armada flying!

Download the game alone to play right away! Or download the launcher to get the most up-to-date version for windows whenever it becomes available! Also, Check out our website for the Linux and Mac version as well as updates for all things Tails Adventure!

You can get the OST on Youtube :
Reactions: TailsTheFox123

Comments

I'm writing this comment while I'm trying the prototype.

Does it have gamepad support? 'Cause I can't find it, and it looks like the options section isn't available yet (on the other hand, I'm using a DualShock of Playstation 2 and some recently released PC games doesn't recognize it, so maybe I'm the one who should use another gamepad). Speaking of the controls: as I was using the keyboard, I found the keys to move (W, A, S, D) and jump (Spacebar), but I can't find the keys to throw the bombs or to pause the game (the Start key doesn't work). Which are they?

It seems Tails can fly by pressing the jump button three times instead of two, and he also gets tired fast; to be honest, I'd prefer to be able to fly by pressing the jump key only twice, as usual. By the way, about Tails's movements, techniques and stuff: what things can you confirm that will appear, and what can you confirm that they will be left out? He had his Tail Attack in Adventure 1, there are the many vehicles invented by him, and the 8-bit game had a bunch of items, too.

Finally, the graphics and models both for Tails and the landscape are gorgeous, as well as the music. It's evident it still needs a bit of work, but it's totally worth it. Keep going, I'll be waiting for the next demo.

Does it have gamepad support? 'Cause I can't find it, and it looks like the options section isn't available yet (on the other hand, I'm using a DualShock of Playstation 2 and some recently released PC games doesn't recognize it, so maybe I'm the one who should use another gamepad). Speaking of the controls: as I was using the keyboard, I found the keys to move (W, A, S, D) and jump (Spacebar), but I can't find the keys to throw the bombs or to pause the game (the Start key doesn't work). Which are they?

It seems Tails can fly by pressing the jump button three times instead of two, and he also gets tired fast; to be honest, I'd prefer to be able to fly by pressing the jump key only twice, as usual. By the way, about Tails's movements, techniques and stuff: what things can you confirm that will appear, and what can you confirm that they will be left out? He had his Tail Attack in Adventure 1, there are the many vehicles invented by him, and the 8-bit game had a bunch of items, too.

Finally, the graphics and models both for Tails and the landscape are gorgeous, as well as the music. It's evident it still needs a bit of work, but it's totally worth it. Keep going, I'll be waiting for the next demo.
I'm gonna add something:

After having downloaded the game directly and tested it, I tried to use the Launcher Setup. I was able to install it and use it to update the game, but when it finished doing it, I had some problems: first, it gave me a message of "Update Failed - Retry", and when I clicked "Ok", it gave me the message "Error finishing download: denied access to the path 'mono-2.0-bdwgc.dll'."

I guess I'll have to direct download the game again when an update comes.

I finally managed to play this with my DualShock, by using an XBox 360 gamepad emulator. And, well... The controls still need to be polished a bit:
  • When I was moving Tails and wanted to make him turn, I'd move the joystick but he'd keep moving in the same direction as before; I'd have to put the joystick in the neutral position to stop Tails, and only then move him in the direction I wanted; this hadn't happened when using the keyboard.
  • I'm used to holding down the jump button to jump higher, but I couldn't do that here: when I held down the jump button and then released it, Tails only jumped once I released the button, instead of jumping high when I pressed the button; there were also some instances of him "bouncing" once or twice right after hitting the ground. I dunno whether it's supposed to work like this actually.
I have ideas for two things that could improve the experience of playing this game (besides improving the controls):
  • Make the camera slightly automatic in some specific places (like in the Dreamcast games) and give the option to zoom in and out. Behind the waterfall and in the lighthouse, it'd be helpful if the camera by itself pointed from the side and maybe zoomed out a bit.
  • Have Tails grab the edge of a platform and climb onto it if being close enough, like in the 8-bit Tails Adventure and other platformers. That alone would greatly benefit exploring the levels.
I guess this is it for now. I'll be waiting for the next demo.

PS: Does this have a debug mode?

Item information

Added by
Team Armada
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item