don't click here

Polyroll

General Information

Kaiser Kiwi has kidnapped your roly poly friends and taken them to his Frigid Castle and only you can save them! Explore a colorful bug-themed world infused with retro charm and chock full of inventive hazards and enemies.

Explore branching levels, fight quirky bosses, and save the day in this retro platformer inspired by the classics!

Get it on Steam!

Or Switch!

Comments

Hey, this seems neat so far! Having zone 1 be anything other than an orange and brown nature area is always a refreshing choice, and it was interesting seeing three different gimmicks spinning out of the same broader concept of objects moving at different speeds. Good fun. The colors are hovering around the line of being too busy but so far manage not to go overboard. I do wonder about how the character bounces off of walls when rolling into them... that was cut from Sonic 2, as I recall, and could easily start to discourage rolling in more dangerous levels.

I found a huge bug in this game. The main character! Ha! ...I'll leave.

This game feels really polished. It took me longer than it should have to figure out the "spindash" mechanic, but that's on me. I don't really have any complaints. Fun game!

I had no idea such a mechanic was considered for Sonic 2. Interesting!

The demo is actually from a later level in the game because we wanted to show something more unique... The first level is a typical green and brown nature area! Oh well!

Item information

Added by
Spicy Gyro Games
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

Share this item