don't click here

Dream Crafter

General Information

Welcome to Dream Crafter, a 2D level-editor based on Kirby! Create and share levels, forge extensive campaigns, and even replace assets with your own art and music.

This page is the only official download for Dream Crafter!
Do not trust download links from other sources!

PLEASE NOTE:

Dream Crafter is very much a work in progress. Limited testing has been done, but still expect bugs, crashes, and missing features.
If you do encounter an issue please send me a message and let me know!

Like a rising star, the dream is coming

Latest reviews

dude your game is amazing i keep waiting for every update and news. I don't know which part of the development you are going, but I would like you to add some function to play water levels, that would be great, keep it up
the game is great! now yes there are some bugs, but those will be fixed. keep the good work going.
Reactions: Jehad
Only for the fact that there's no Mac version. Come on, man! Don't leave out the Mac users (especially those who can't afford or don't have enough disk space for Bootcamp)! We want to create Kirby levels too!
Nintenboi1
Nintenboi1
Have you tried playing with Wine? That's how I play the game.
Here's link to the Wine website if you want to look into it: https://www.winehq.org
Sternosaur
Sternosaur
That's pretty petty given that it's a fan game and the creator may not even know how to make a mac fork of their game depending on the game engine they used to code it. They also may not even have a mac to test the game on, or virtual machine experience to test it that way. How can you rate something you've never played?

Comments

For anyone just seeing the update, I have created a small stage to show off a small fraction of all the new things
FYI: Old stages may break, music will be gone. Some tiles are not in the update, but they can easily be added back.

Attachments

Excellent work! I noticed some files for GigEdge and Mr Clock. Any way to enable the bosses? My son would really like to have a boss at the end of his stages. Is the source code available? I poked through ini files thinking I could maybe hack one in.

A suggestion, could you add different game styles like amazing mirror/squeak squad, and maybe add spray paints, to change Kirby.

Another thing I would love is bosses, ik there are files but I mean like meta knight, dedede, kracko, etc.

I made another level that I want to share! It might be a while until the next one, but in the meantime, please enjoy discovering secrets in Droplet Cave! If the import process doesn't work, let me know!

How do I get into the Dream Crafter Discord server? There's a link in the game, but it doesn't take me anywhere. Does anyone have an invite I can use?

Excellent work! I noticed some files for GigEdge and Mr Clock. Any way to enable the bosses? My son would really like to have a boss at the end of his stages. Is the source code available? I poked through ini files thinking I could maybe hack one in.
I think the code is still in development. Maybe in the next version it will come?

Creator's confident here and to tell you Dream Crafter, more specifically this version made in GameMaker Studios, has discontinued. However, the editor is being rebuild from the ground up using the Godot engine. Further more, In addition to accepting any sprite artist and musician, we are now also accepting other coders who can use Godot, see our discord development server for how you can contribute. We'll be welcoming you there.

on a final note, this is what should've been included to the 2.0 release, the instruction manual.

Last edited:
Creator's confident here and to tell you Dream Crafter, more specifically this version made in GameMaker Studios, has discontinued. However, the editor is being rebuild from the ground up using the Godot engine. Further more, In addition to accepting any sprite artist and musician, we are now also accepting other coders who can use Godot, see our discord development server for how you can contribute. We'll be welcoming you there.

on a final note, this is what should've been included to the 2.0 release, the instruction manual.

Well, at least it isn't being cancelled, because this is a very neat concept. Hope to see it in the near future! Maybe I'll get BTG in on it too.

I'm playing on Mac through Wine and I recently made a Dream Crafter app with Winebottler. I works well but I can't find a way to transfer my levels from the Windows version to the Mac app. Does anyone know how to do this?

Bosses aren't in yet, sorry.

Item information

Added by
Silt
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.78 star(s) 9 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from Silt

• Dream Crafter
    A thing of dreams - create your own 2d levels in an editor based on Kirby!

Share this item