Update Log:
Ver. 1.01 (Sep 8th)

• Fixed an issue where you could accidentally mute the audio
Ver. 1.0
  • The timing for stomping is now more lenient
  • Falling platforms now automatically respawn after a few seconds
  • Spinning platforms tilt slightly before rotating to warn players
  • Added a bonk animation when PogoGirl hits a ceiling

Jump on your pogo stick and bounce, bounce, bounce!
Go! Go! PogoGirl is a dynamic, cute and bouncy 2D platformer about a girl and her pogo stick. Bounce your way through the world, collect gems and then bounce some more!

Inspired by 90s platformers and my love for quirky core mechanics, Go! Go! PogoGirl is my attempt at making a dynamic platformer that's just different enough to be fresh, while retaining what made us fall in love with the genre in the first place. I'm developing this game on my own in my spare time using the amazing HaxeFlixel framework.

shot2.png

The game is still very early in development, so feedback is appreciated. The full game will feature 4 seasons to play through, cutscenes and more! Music by CodeManu, font HopeGold by Somepx.

Want more?
Follow me on Twitter for updates!
Check my
website for more games, blogs and Mega Drive coding tutorials!
Want to actively support development? Check out my
Patreon!

Latest reviews

Not much to say, besides that it's a neat addicting game. A suggestion I might give is to add a rank or badge system in levels, so it might give the player a reason to go for all of the gems. Besides that, it's a fun game.

Comments

I gave this game a shot on my stream.

For some reason, the audio didn't work on my computer. There was one demo uploaded this year that was supposed to lack audio, so I assumed it was this one on-stream, lol.

I like this game! It's simple, but very polished. It makes good use of the pogo mechanics.

I gave this game a shot on my stream.

For some reason, the audio didn't work on my computer. There was one demo uploaded this year that was supposed to lack audio, so I assumed it was this one on-stream, lol.

I like this game! It's simple, but very polished. It makes good use of the pogo mechanics.
Thank you very much for checking it out! That sound issue is weird, but I have a theory...did you press the zero key on your keyboard by any chance? Because that mutes the audio. It's a feature of the framework I'm using but I should probably take it out since I'm not documenting it anywhere...

Thank you very much for checking it out! That sound issue is weird, but I have a theory...did you press the zero key on your keyboard by any chance? Because that mutes the audio. It's a feature of the framework I'm using but I should probably take it out since I'm not documenting it anywhere...
Oh my God. My streaming hotkey just so happens to be numpad 0. Mystery solved!

Oh my God. My streaming hotkey just so happens to be numpad 0. Mystery solved!
HA! I'm so glad you didn't discover a legit bug there... I uploaded a new build (1.0.1) that disables the mute function so nobody else stumbles upon it :D Thanks again for checking out my game and bringing this to my attention!

Item information

Added by
and0
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

More from and0

Share this item