don't click here

Fech The Ferret (0.9.0 pre alpha) - SAGE 2020 DEMO

General Information

Fech The Ferret is a fast and loud 3D platformer about a cute pink ferret running around to the beat of electronic music. In this short demo, experience the very beginning of Fech's adventure, you'll explore an odd - and rather dangerous - forest and its surroundings.

Running will come in handy, but keep in mind that the faster you go, the harder it gets!
This page is OUTDATED. Find the latest demo and info on playfe.ch

Fech is a curious ferret that runs around to see new places. Follow him in his wonky adventure for the discovery of the world around him.
This fast and loud 3D platformer will captivate you with its snappy controls and electronic music. It caters to those who gotta go fast and would rather parkour anywhere than do precise platforming, but you can also enjoy it at your own pace and explore this open world to uncover its secrets.

The info in this page is somewhat outdated. The page is kept up for archival purposes, current info can be found on the Itch.io link above

THE GAME, SO FAR

Fech is peacefully sleeping in a forest until he's suddenly woken up by an unforseen event that has to be dealt with. He starts running, as you do, and sees for the first time the outskirts of Marmocle and someone he's never met before.
I'd like to tell you more, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.
(Also this is still a demo and the juicy parts have yet to become public :emoji_eyes:).

The demo contains:
  • Fast-paced platforming
  • Highly responsive controls
  • Quick camera movements
  • Many collectables to reward
  • The full ferrest area
  • The beginning of the marble area
  • Arae stages: neon rhythmic dungeon levels
  • Cute anthropomorphic characters

HOW TO PLAY

Alex made a little flow chart to illustrate Fech's moveset in this demo:

Standing up is great for checking your stats.

Disclaimer: the demo currently doesn't fully support mouse & keyboard controls as well as controls remapping. These issues will be addressed in the coming weeks along with further game optimization. Any feedback from you could prove very useful!

THE DEVELOPMENT

Hi there! It's SAGE time again, so here's a brand new demo of Fech!
This indie project has quite a long development history at this point: officially started in Summer 2016, this game was born as my attempt to experiment with some ideas. With time it just kind of grew with me until late last year the team started growing bigger, from being just a solo development project it became a work of a team. This is the first public build showing the first results of our team's efforts as the game is quickly transitioning into a more professional product.
Oh btw, almost all the new content was made in the span of 2 months. It's kind of a miracle that the demo did manage to, you know, exist ahahah.
With all of that said,
Have fun!

~RaoulWB

LINKS

If you're liking the game, you may want to check out:
Fech The Ferret Discord Server: https://discord.gg/9QKKx6X

...or perhaps wishlist the game on Steam :emoji_flushed:

Reactions: VAdaPEGA

Latest reviews

I could only beat the first level before I bugged out of existence (I wish I screenshotted it), but what you have here is a fantastic looking game with some promise in it. I love just running around platforming at a high speed. But the world does feel empty with any NPCs or enemies, it just seems like if Fech is the only animal around. Other than that, it looks fantastic, plays fantastic, is fantastic. Just need to fix some bugs here and there.
RaoulWB
RaoulWB
Oh! You mean the all white and pink tutorial or the big forest?
And yeah, I later noticed that the demo without any contextualization does feel quite odd, but I'm really happy to hear you're liking the game so much! It will only get better!

Comments

This shows a lot of promise! I love the mustelid protagonist and the fluid controls. The art direction was very surreal and colorful, too. Everything "pops." Can't wait to see where this goes.

This was clearly a very early build, though. I often got stuck on level geometry, and things feel quite basic. When I died in the forest, it spawned me into the ground so I couldn't move.

This shows a lot of promise! I love the mustelid protagonist and the fluid controls. The art direction was very surreal and colorful, too. Everything "pops." Can't wait to see where this goes.

This was clearly a very early build, though. I often got stuck on level geometry, and things feel quite basic. When I died in the forest, it spawned me into the ground so I couldn't move.
Thank you!! I'm happy to hear you're liking it!
Yeah, the game is still in pre-alpha, we have quite some work ahead to get it be polished. Anyway, from the sound of your bug you might be playing the older submission here. Unfortunately I couldn't manage to send the new build in here, though if you want to play more I suggest downloading the lastest build from itch! It has nearly all the critical bugs fixed.

Thank you!! I'm happy to hear you're liking it!
Yeah, the game is still in pre-alpha, we have quite some work ahead to get it be polished. Anyway, from the sound of your bug you might be playing the older submission here. Unfortunately I couldn't manage to send the new build in here, though if you want to play more I suggest downloading the lastest build from itch! It has nearly all the critical bugs fixed.
I'll check it out!

Item information

Added by
RaoulWB
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

More from RaoulWB

Share this item