don't click here

Brock Crocodile

Well this is just true perfection, i found this game and well the first time i played it i loved it! and now it has the 1st place on my favorite games list! and can't wait for the demo 2 to come out!
Incredible aesthetic. Despite being a relatively short demo if you fly through it, this game feels brimming with character and content. The art is super detailed and fun and colorful. The music just rocks, particularly the main theme. Love it! Can't wait to see more.
Reactions: Aki-at
It's a really fun game that reminds me of both Genesis and Game Boy Color, for some reason?

High points:
-The physics feel right for the exploration-side of play, and though they can feel a bit slippery on occasions, I found myself adjusting easily to it~
-The variety in pickups and the bag management system sound and feel great. Do you drop by a shop to carry some impromptu healing/temporary health, or do you make do with what's in the stage? Or do you completely forget that soda in your inventory and end up picking up another bubblegum shot-type accidentally? (For those who read this, when you die, the item you bought from the shop returns to your active hands, if you haven't popped it already)

Tripping points:
-
You can whip certain rings and posts to swing off of them and the momentum builds well off them while you're swinging, but I had times when I clearly hit the thing with the further part of the whip and don't tether to it. It kind of feels like I have to be within a bodylength of the ring in order to properly grip it, which can make the moments when you have to tether-swing multiple times in a row(as optional as they may be, on occasions) somewhat precarious when you miss your whip. When you have the momentum, it works like a dream, but when you don't you really feel it.
-The gun is on a bit of a delay, which makes realistic sense(I mean, ya kinda have to point it at what you're shooting before you shoot. Doy.), but using the cherry shot felt really difficult and unsatisfying since I found myself out-of-phase with enemies by the time I fired it. Maybe the cherry shot should come out a frame faster? I dunno....

Mixed Nuts:
-So a PS4 controller kinda works for this~ Square is jump, X is whip and O is your gun, with the left stick being used for movement. Didn't really have any hiccups with that, just wanted to inform~
Aki-at
Aki-at
Hi Sage! I'm glad you liked what you've played of the game and thanks for the feedback. Regarding the whip, it's an interesting conundrum for the team because we're so use to it we overlook how difficult how it might be for new players so something to look at. With the gun I can definitely see the issue with the machine gun, by taking out the fast and responsive nature of it, it almost hurts the point of having the cherry shot, something we'll be fixing for the next demo.

We're also hoping that for the next demo we can have full controller support and bindable keys, right now we're just using Fusion's own controller interface, hopefully we'll have it a much better setup next time round, please look forward to it!
This was one of the games that made me quite excited for SAGE 2019. Looking at the previews I loved how many of the backgrounds were obviously Sonic inspired, but used no assets from a Sonic game. I also really dug the art work of the characters. I like how many of the characters look like they would not be out of place in the Sonic universe. I also love the amount of personality every character possess. For example I love how Brock's sister is an Otaku (and is pretty thicc, but that's another topic for another day :D) . I found the humor to be a nice touch, especially the parodying of the ability to walk into random people's houses without knocking as is common in many games. I found the game play to be great, and I am really glad you guys added game pad support.

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Pyra's Wolf
Pyra's Wolf
AMAZING PRESENTATION! The music, how full of life everyone is, and the artstyle is so visually pleasing! The game is VERY beautiful. Animations, personality and facial expressions, its FANTASTIC. EVEN THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL IS CUTE! And I loved the "Onii-Chan" (Big Brother) thing. Dialogue is funny, wanted to talk to everyone. The only thing i thought was odd was Brock's movement... it felt like he was on ice. Other than that, a solid 10/10! :emoji_100: A+
Aki-at
Aki-at
Thank you Mr.rubbaduck, I'm glad you enjoyed it that much, with SAGE over I can look at everyone's feedback and comments and respond. The characters and charm of the game is really something we want to sell the audience on, so I'm glad you liked what you've seen so far! There's tonnes more planned for the full game so please look forward to it!

I'm hoping this message also reaches you Pyra's Wolf, I'm glad you liked the art direction too, we've spent a lot of time trying to make something that can be memorable for the player and goes from cute and wacky too. In terms of Brock's movement, it's definitely something we've heard more than once. Since I'm still a massive Sonic fan, I wanted to carry a little bit of that momentum into Brock, although maybe we'll have a look at it if it makes players feel like they're on ice.

Thanks again for the comments!