don't click here

ARK Framework (SAGE 2021 Build)

General Information

UPDATE: The framework is currently being rewritten. If you want updates, look up on my Twitter

ARK is a 2D Sonic toolkit running on top of Unity, with the goal of being easy to use but powerful to the end-user

The framework allows realtime editing of level/player variables, such as how moving platforms roam around, Sonic's acceleration, heck even his sensor's length, all within Unity.

But of course, this is not the only way of editing how the framework works. You can directly edit the script's guts either by editing the C# scripts (warning: very funny comments in there), or by using Unity's visual scripting method. And if you need it to run on multiple platforms, we got ya covered mate.

By default, the framework runs very well on Windows, Mac and the Linux branch, with support for mobile devices such as Android and iOS coming soon.

Many of the objects used have editable scripts that can alter Sonic's interaction with them. Alongside that, there are a bunch of other scripts that can help balance levels, some being the Flag Breaker, which allows you to override a set of flags, the Value Switcher, which allows you to directly edit on collision any public variable from within Unity, or the various camera scripts that allow you to move the camera to better fit the style of the specific scene.

Hey you want Xbox support? Fair enough, but why not more? With the help of Unity's input manager, the framework supports all controllers that you plug them in, and you can even tweak how individual sticks/buttons react!

Keep in mind: The build uploaded is in no way a finished version of the framework.There could potentially be a ton of engine-breaking glitches that I don't know of, so do not take this as a final view. Aside of that, due to certain unoptimizations here and there, some PCs might run better or worse.

Once the framework is done, you will be able to find and download it from my GitHub

If you have played the build, please give it a rating aswell as some feedback on what can be improved/fixed. Your help will benefit everyone that will use the framework in the end!

Some screenshots for your viewing pleasure:

ss1.png
ss2.png
ss3.png
ss4.png

Latest reviews

I already said this before but I just learned how ratings work on SFGHQ 🤷‍♂️ this engine feels promising and I enjoyed the test levels, the camera panning just feels jarring at times and I the momentum for Sonic's speed after a spin dash felt like it's slower than usual and could use some tweaking.
Last edited:

Comments

The zones were pretty charming, I just felt like the camera panning was jarring at times and the momentum feels a bit off, it's really noticeable when trying to get up big slopes.

Item information

Added by
strix
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item