don't click here

Aria Disconnect

General Information

STORY
Aria Disconnect is a sidescrolling action-adventure "metroidvania" style of a game with a huge hint of cyberpunk and athmosphere. The year is 2082, you will follow Heri's journey through a nightmare called Enderega where you will encounter puzzles, enemies, hacking computers and more. The main protagonist Heri is a former tech engineer that gets connected to the world called Enderega, which is actually his own subconscious mind. His mission is to get out of Enderega and the only way to do that, is to disconnect.​

I try to keep the game as SNES style looking as possible, with a little bit of modern effects here and there to spice things up. The same goes for the music. I mostly use real synthesizers that were used back in the Super Nintendo era, why? because i love it!​

KEY FEATURES

• Explore a interconnected world that takes place in a subcounscious mind
  • There are hidden rooms and items you can find
  • Solve challenging puzzles
  • Enjoy the story through cutscenes and lore found in computers
  • Hack into computers to destroy viruses that unlock hidden areas

Aria Disconnect is all about story, exploration and puzzles where the enemies and bosses are fought on the way. Computer hacking will also be featured where they at times are optional and sometimes are a part of the main game. The game also contains a experience system with levels, attack and defence. You will be able to equip different weapons, jackets, pants and boots to increase your attack and defence. (For the demo there is only one setup of armor and weapons, there may be an increase in stats too for the full game).​

Combat

Exploration

Upgrades

Lore

Map system

Hack into computers

•CONTROLS•
Keyboard

XBOX One

8BitDo/Snes

Comments

I played a bit of this last night after reading the promise of a Metroid vania. I went in blind not reading any more info so it was pretty hard to navigate the menus or figure out the controls. I even closed the game thinking Esc would bring up a menu... Whoops...

With that out the way, I'll be keeping an eye on this, or if finished dedicate a full playthrough to it!
- After an intriguing introduction which liked to show, rather than tell, I get the feeling the dev is a Super Metroid/Castlevania/Axiom Verge fan.
- Game is oozing with atmosphere, nice art, presentation, and is genuinely scary from it's first main area
- Tight controls and physics
- I love the way enemies introduce themselves, adds to the tension and gives the player time to process what is about to happen so you can react
- I got lost and couldnt figure out how to get to an early switch, but this was due to time constraints on the stream. I'll give it another go

I like some of the visual effects in here, like the multicolored falling afterimages or the cool water that changes opacity when you're in it! Between the small resolution that I couldn't figure out how to make full screen, the controls I couldn't figure out how to rebind, and the seemingly kinda slow movement speed, I had a hard time getting into this, but I'm impressed by how much content and presentation work I can see in this demo showcase page. Block pushing puzzles are well-trodden ground by now but this seems to have good takes on them with a decently fast pushing speed.

Item information

Added by
AriaInteractive
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item