don't click here

Antonball Deluxe

A new spin on two great arcade games.
I have seen Antonball around for a while now and could kick myself for not trying it sooner. Instead of just throwing a few games together and calling it a day, this game ties them all together within a narrative. And what is there not to love about story about a guy who gets wasted and accidentally meets Snick the porcupine? That alone warrants a five star review.
I'll definitely be coming back to this demo after SAGE 2020 is over.

This game is designed to be played on Windows, so this is not the fault of the creator, but if you are a Linux user be aware (at least this was my experience) that WINE can run ANTONBALL ARCADE flawlessly, but crashes when I play PUNCH BALL ANTONBALL.
Reactions: Summitsphere
Gotta say I loved its simplicity, and I'm a sucker for Classic mashups like this. And the Wario-eqsue douchebaggery of Anton was great.

I did have one problem in the 2 player game, in that it detected my 2nd controller (Mayflash Megadrive adapter) but the axes were all wrong (it's always been a bit weird, and seems to register the D-pad as a joystick hat, not a controller)
4th Original SAGE Game listed out of 77

I used to play the crap out of Mario Bros. at my local arcade. This game brought back those good times but with a fresh twist. But I'm gonna be honest and say I only gotten to the 5th level in Antonball before losing all my lives and giving up, plus I have no idea how to use the gun. Punchball Antonball is more simple and understandable to me, it's Mario Bros but with a punchball. I couldn't play Vs Antonball for this review due to myself not having friends to play it with. In total, Antonball is a great recommendation for those who like Mario Bros. Plus, it has Snick in it so it already gets my approval.