don't click here

A New Spark [SAGE '21 Demo]

General Information

A New Spark is a 2D Sonic 2006-Inspired Sonic Fan Game, which uses the Sonic Worlds Engine.

[Characters]

Spark "Adventurer" Hedgehog:
Species - Hedgehog
Age - 14
Gender - Male
Info - A Brown Hedgehog with Electric Powers.

Frost Shine:
Species - Fox
Age - 14
Gender - Female
Info - An Arctic Fox with Ice Powers.

X-100:
Species - Robot
Age - ?
Gender - N/A
Info - A Robot of unknown origin.

???:
Species - ???
Age - ???
Gender - ???
Info - Appears to have copied Spark's look.

[Levels]

Shoreannis:
A town that is quite similar to the 'City of Water'.

Wave Beach:
An Island off the coast of Shoreannis.

Firey Crisis:
A City that got flooded with lava and fire in the future.

Kingdom Ruins:
Ruins of a kingdom from a long time ago.

[2021 Trailer]

Latest reviews

I thought this was pretty charming since it was going for custom assets, I just had some problems here and there.

For the bridge if you jump while you have momentum you run upside down for some reason? At one point I hit the 10 ring box, got hit by an enemy bullet, and died and it showed 10 coins up top. Also the boxes that we can break, sometimes homing attacking from the right just results in dying off the cliff and most of the time I can't break the boxes, but I can break them sometimes.

Comments

I thought this was pretty charming since it was going for custom assets, I just had some problems here and there.

For the bridge if you jump while you have momentum you run upside down for some reason? At one point I hit the 10 ring box, got hit by an enemy bullet, and died and it showed 10 coins up top. Also the boxes that we can break, sometimes homing attacking from the right just results in dying off the cliff and most of the time I can't break the boxes, but I can break them sometimes.
1 - Running Upside Down - I don't really know why you are able to run upside down, maybe it's because of the angle of the roof near the sides of the bridge? I will try to figure that out, but I think it has to do with the physics within Sonic Worlds (the thing that A New Spark is based off of).
2 - Being given 10 Rings from the Ring Monitor after dying - The Ring Monitor doesn't give you the 10 Rings instantly, so I might fix that.
3 - Missing the Boxes causes the player to fall into the water - The boxes might be too far to the left. I will move them more to the right in an update.
4 - Box Bugs - The reason why the boxes sometimes don't break is because they only check if Player_SensorBottomBig is colliding with it. The fix is as easy as making versions of the event for Player_SensorRightBig, and Player_SensorLeftBig. There's also a problem where the Homing Attack glitches out after breaking the box, which will be fixed.

The motion blur effect in this one is pretty distracting... maybe only do it around the edges of the frame?

Other than that, pretty neat!

Oh, yeah, and I got it to work on Linux with Proton 6.3, if anyone else is trying to do that.

The motion blur effect in this one is pretty distracting... maybe only do it around the edges of the frame?

Other than that, pretty neat!

Oh, yeah, and I got it to work on Linux with Proton 6.3, if anyone else is trying to do that.
Doing the Motion Blur around the edges of the frame does sound like a good idea... I will try to find a way to implement it.

1 - Running Upside Down - I don't really know why you are able to run upside down, maybe it's because of the angle of the roof near the sides of the bridge? I will try to figure that out, but I think it has to do with the physics within Sonic Worlds (the thing that A New Spark is based off of).
2 - Being given 10 Rings from the Ring Monitor after dying - The Ring Monitor doesn't give you the 10 Rings instantly, so I might fix that.
3 - Missing the Boxes causes the player to fall into the water - The boxes might be too far to the left. I will move them more to the right in an update.
4 - Box Bugs - The reason why the boxes sometimes don't break is because they only check if Player_SensorBottomBig is colliding with it. The fix is as easy as making versions of the event for Player_SensorRightBig, and Player_SensorLeftBig. There's also a problem where the Homing Attack glitches out after breaking the box, which will be fixed.
I hope you keep working on it, I enjoyed it from what I played so far

Item information

Added by
RGamesOfficial
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games