don't click here

Denuvo DRM on PC Sonic Mania?

DimensionWarped

Resuming Dangerous Status
Aug 29, 2017
I think it sucks and it was probably handed down as an order by corporate. Don't know if it'll impact my decision to buy immediately... I'll decide on the weekend. I'm deeply torn by my stance against Denuvo and the fact that you know... a lot of people who are old forum buddies of mine worked on this game.

MrKsoft

Green Hill Zone
Aug 29, 2017
IL, USA
www.wafflenet.com
Definitely corporate meddling. Seems like overkill for a $20 game but I guess they insisted on it because it's Sonic.
One thing that worries me is that it's very evident that the devs are very much against the decision, and I'm concerned that this will cause friction between them and Sega to the point that, regardless of sales, they won't get a chance to make any further games.

Misinko

Feel the the fire! Break your vision!
Aug 29, 2017
Stealth has been the only one to fully slam SEGA for this, and even then, he old told SoE off for trying to pin the DRM on the Mania team. If there are any harsh feelings, they'll probably be begrudgingly burried so the team can work on future titles.

ChaosFusion

Coffee Addict
Aug 29, 2017
As a PC user, I can't say if Denuvo has done anything to mess with my experience with the game. The only issue I had was that you can't Alt Tab or Toggle between Fullscreen and Windowed without the game crashing. That said though, it may not be even related to Denuvo but regardless, the sooner it is removed, the better.