don't click here

Fan Game Sonic 3 A.I.R.

G Spindash

Green Hill Zone
Sep 3, 2018
Scotland
linktr.ee
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Can be the remastered OST uploaded to any cloud storage so everyone can download it? GalaticG's link doesn't work anymore (and it was incomplete anyway) @Eukaryot
Sorry, I posted this on Twitter already, forgot to update here.

I'll post a link to the full soundtrack (as a properly tagged album) when I send my next update to Eukaryot.

I didn't see the point in releasing it at this stage since I now have most of the HQ samples I need for the drums upgrade.

With a bit more time, my next update should be a significant upgrade in sound quality.

I'll be posting work-in-progress tracks to youtube/twitter as the work continues. (DJ Spindash in both cases)

Reactions: Triangly

Shigbeard

Press Start Screen
Apr 23, 2019
Got a few bugs to report.

Firstly, if sonic tries to go super-sonic on the same frame that he lands on the ground, he will be stuck in a walking animation and will not transform into supersonic... he is stuck like this until the timer runs out or the player quits the game.

Secondly, a similar bug occurs when Sonic, holding onto Tails in Tails Assist mode, runs into some sort of fan (experienced once in Zone 2 act 2)... sonic will freeze in the air unable to move or be interacted with by tails until tails lands on the ground, which seems to wake the game up and free sonic from his temporary frozen torment.

Lastly, the geometry in Zone 2 Act 1 is a little off when it comes to certain sections involving gaps and rounded corners. I think this is actually a bug with how the game resolves scenarios where sonic impales himself on a surface that is not perfectly horizontal or vertical... but in scenarios where Sonic would, in the original game, continue at full speed following the track... he instead comes to a dead stop. This screenshot here (thanks SonicZone0) shows one such location where I encountered this issue... but I noticed similar issues in areas in Zone 3.

In addition, I had some odd behavior in Zone 3 Act 2 in this location (thanks again SonicZone0) where if I tried to travel back up the pipe on the left side, I could get stuck in the platform above. Not proper stuck where I'd be able to zip.. and you can get out... but it was certainly odd behavior and i think that area needs patching up.

All in all, a pretty faithful rendition of S3&K, and certainly something I'm having fun playing.

Mr.Darkness

Hentai Dragon
Apr 24, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
Hi there! I'm loving this port ^^

Something i noticed and i'm thinking is a bug: I've modded the game's music, now if i select "original" music on the option menus, it still plays the modded ones.

Also, could you add an "infinite time" option? Would be great for livestreams. :)

Thanks!

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Hey everyone!
First of all, there's an update for Sonic 3 A.I.R., find all the info here.

can there be a super peel out...?
Possibly yes. But that doesn't have a high priority at the moment.

Eukaryot, can you make a auto updater.dll? would be nice
Same here.

Firstly, if sonic tries to go super-sonic on the same frame that he lands on the ground, he will be stuck in a walking animation and will not transform into supersonic... he is stuck like this until the timer runs out or the player quits the game.
Secondly, a similar bug occurs when Sonic, holding onto Tails in Tails Assist mode, runs into some sort of fan (experienced once in Zone 2 act 2)... sonic will freeze in the air unable to move or be interacted with by tails until tails lands on the ground, which seems to wake the game up and free sonic from his temporary frozen torment.
The new version should fix these two bugs already. :)

Lastly, the geometry in Zone 2 Act 1 is a little off when it comes to certain sections involving gaps and rounded corners. I think this is actually a bug with how the game resolves scenarios where sonic impales himself on a surface that is not perfectly horizontal or vertical... but in scenarios where Sonic would, in the original game, continue at full speed following the track... he instead comes to a dead stop. This screenshot here (thanks SonicZone0) shows one such location where I encountered this issue... but I noticed similar issues in areas in Zone 3.
In addition, I had some odd behavior in Zone 3 Act 2 in this location (thanks again SonicZone0) where if I tried to travel back up the pipe on the left side, I could get stuck in the platform above. Not proper stuck where I'd be able to zip.. and you can get out... but it was certainly odd behavior and i think that area needs patching up.
The others are still open. Though I have to say, the problem with round corners is even worse in original S3&K...

Something i noticed and i'm thinking is a bug: I've modded the game's music, now if i select "original" music on the option menus, it still plays the modded ones.
That's actually intentional this way.

Also, could you add an "infinite time" option? Would be great for livestreams. :)
Nice idea. I only thought of infinite lives yet. :D

I don't know if it's a bug or if this it's already fixed. In that bonus stage that spin, you get a continue with 50 rings. But in this version I'm not sure if you need 50 only inside of the bonus stage, usually I don'get any continue.
Yep, that's fixed in S3AIR!

Reactions: Mr.Darkness

_Demo4YT_

Press Start Screen
Dec 14, 2018
Can you please make something like 'original mode' that will return bugs from original game, that was fixed in AIR? I can understand that this is very hard to make, some bugs are game-breaking, and there is very small amount of people that will be using this mode, but this will be very cool, and this small amount of people will be happy. I don't know how the game works, I'm not programmer, so I can't even imagine how it can be done, but you already done a great work, and everybody happy with that. I don't ask you to make it even in near future, but I will be happy to see this in-game.

And when i read a changelog... wait, you was able to cancel super form in doomsday? i need to test it out.

Also, will be cool if you'll be able to select level parts in file select, or in free roam(oh wait it's now named act select) like in original game in level select, for example you was able to select part after cutscene, where knuckles punch rock in you in lava reef zone, or select final boss in death egg.

Adam_M

Green Hill Zone
Apr 7, 2019
Thanks for the update, I never thought about having it added as an option, but I'm glad to see infinite lives as an options, I've never been a fan of life systems in games.
Would it be possible at some sort of dither blending added at some point in the future? Like the mdapt/gdapt shaders that retroarch, or what the Mega Sg has for example. I know it'll probably be pretty low priority like Super Peel Out and the auto updater mentioned above.

And when i read a changelog... wait, you was able to cancel super form in doomsday? i need to test it out.
Yeah I reported it, it was really funny, I don't even know why I pressed Y as soon as the level started.

Onapa

Press Start Screen
Nov 9, 2018
Love this remake! It makes Sonic 3 and Knuckles 100% more enjoyable! Thank you

Also, I just updated S3AIR and now the sound isn't working for me. The previous version's sound works just fine too! I'm using Realtek Audio Driver currently at 6.0.1.8536. If you need/want any more info, just ask.

hellothere3212

Green Hill Zone
Feb 9, 2019
Ok Eukaryot, I got all the sprites for, I don't know?? The game, I guess. upload_2019-4-26_20-10-1.png upload_2019-4-26_20-9-38.png

upload_2019-4-26_20-10-31.png

if needed of course
upload_2019-4-26_20-11-1.png
upload_2019-4-26_20-11-28.png
upload_2019-4-26_20-12-52.png
upload_2019-4-26_20-13-47.png When going hyper speed
upload_2019-4-26_20-15-16.png

When you are walking fast

You can thank me, I did not made those sprites and are owned by the respected owner. Maybe you can use those,I don't know if you want, you can make a option in the game in the game options for smooth and extra animations!

You can tell me if something's wrong or something like that.

also do not download the attached files here is a screenshot but the second one you can, or nevermind you can download the other one too, also adds one more frame when going more faster

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr.Darkness

Hentai Dragon
Apr 24, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
Ok Eukaryot, I got all the sprites for something if you want
if needed of course
View attachment 2557
I really want this animation for when sonic is falling and not rolling.

And would be really good if there is an option for using the jump button to change from falling state to rolling state, like is seem on some fan made games like "after the sequel"! This would prevent being doomed to receive damage when using springs to fall directly into an enemy.

Any chance, Eukaryot?

Also, will you implement more things from Mania, like persistent shields (they don't vanish from zone to zone), and fire shield immunity to ice attacks?

(Sorry for my bad english).

Last edited:

laxoon

Green Hill Zone
Apr 28, 2019
I've been playing this every other day since you released and just signed up to tell you how awesome you are, it's seriously incredible work.

I've heard you're trying to tackle sprite modding on a later update so I think everyone can chill on that, including me (I love the Sonic 2 sprite option)
Besides that the only thing I would pray for would be an option to modify the music for Hidden Palace Zone, the option to use the original Sonic 3 credits here was always my favorite.
And then, as many have said, the prototype Flying Battery level placement, I'd just gotten so used to it in S3C and I'd love to see it here too but that's probably a lot of work for something you said you're not interested in so no worries.

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Also, I just updated S3AIR and now the sound isn't working for me. The previous version's sound works just fine too! I'm using Realtek Audio Driver currently at 6.0.1.8536. If you need/want any more info, just ask.
Try to exchange the EXE and DLLs with these. Hope that fixes the issue!

@hellothere3212
@facundo gomez
Can you guys tell me who originally made those? Before even trying to add in new sprites, I'd like to get a proper permission to use & need to know who to credit.

Emi

Green Hill Zone
Feb 20, 2019
Since the custom sprites edit could be added
Is there a chance to have custom super sonic, super tails and super knuckles sprite sheets?