don't click here

Fan Game Sonic 3 A.I.R.

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
So Sonic 3 A.I.R. itself can't be started, right?
You can try to first uninstall your version of the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable using Windows 10's "Apps & Features" menu, then execute the vc_redist.x86.exe again.

OctoRaven

Press Start Screen
Apr 17, 2019
So Sonic 3 A.I.R. itself can't be started, right?
You can try to first uninstall your version of the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable using Windows 10's "Apps & Features" menu, then execute the vc_redist.x86.exe again.
all of them? sorry if i seem a bit annoying about this..iv never done this stuff

Attachments

GerbilSoft

Administrator
Nov 3, 2017
gerbilsoft.com
Trying out the Core context profile, and fallback to Compatibility in this version here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z9OpN7pNrmpeLCxaNGFDfEj2zQCJ42Xq/view?usp=sharing
Let me know if this is better - and whether maybe there's something else worth trying out.
This one results in a black screen if Fail-Safe Mode and Software Renderer are disabled. (Audio and input are running normally.)

It might be worth adding more error logging if possible, and/or posting the GL initialization code so I can figure out exactly what's going on.

cyla

Press Start Screen
Apr 17, 2019
Hello, trying to install.

I installed as per instructions with no errors. I click to start the game and I got this error...while the file it claims it cannot find is right in the folder. Says the same error for the glew32 file

Forgive me if this has been answered, couldn't figure out how to search the 11 pages and really didn't feel like reading 11 pages of posts.

Attachments

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
This one results in a black screen if Fail-Safe Mode and Software Renderer are disabled. (Audio and input are running normally.)

It might be worth adding more error logging if possible, and/or posting the GL initialization code so I can figure out exactly what's going on.
That's at least an improvement. Next problem with hardware renderer could maybe be the GLSL requirements? I'm using version 1.4 shaders -> OpenGL 3.1 needed.
Or something before that already. The disclaimer (using fixed function rendering) is not visible for you, right?

I've also attached the cpp file that creates the SDL window.

Attachments

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Hello, trying to install.

I installed as per instructions with no errors. I click to start the game and I got this error...while the file it claims it cannot find is right in the folder. Says the same error for the glew32 file

Forgive me if this has been answered, couldn't figure out how to search the 11 pages and really didn't feel like reading 11 pages of posts.
It looks like you're starting the Sonic3AIR.exe directly from inside the ZIP file. First extract it somewhere, like a folder on your desktop, then start Sonic3AIR.exe there.

Gadesx

Press Start Screen
Apr 19, 2019
Amazing work. Only visual problems at the intro part (without problem as software)
Totally playable and I finished the game with sonic + tails. The bugs:
The tails help can be awful against the fight in marble garden 2.
Tails come with with you in the last fight of sonic 3.
He can make the hit and you die (spike ball)
The 60fps emerald stage it's harder than the old way as 30 lol

I can't unlock all achievements, what its the last secret! You can put something like unlock all after x time playing so all people can see the full content.

This A.I.R. with sonic classic heroes (1+2)
can be the ultimate Sonic. An utopia, I think that idea!

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Would like to ask if you plan to keep this custom-styled main menu, or you will change it to the original-styled in future?
I'd want to keep the current custom style.

i have c++ 2015 installed but it still wont work..
Is the problem the vc_redist installation only? If Sonic3AIR.exe works, you could safely ignore that.

Amazing work. Only visual problems at the intro part (without problem as software)
Totally playable and I finished the game with sonic + tails. The bugs:
The tails help can be awful against the fight in marble garden 2.
Tails come with with you in the last fight of sonic 3.
He can make the hit and you die (spike ball)
The 60fps emerald stage it's harder than the old way as 30 lol

I can't unlock all achievements, what its the last secret! You can put something like unlock all after x time playing so all people can see the full content.

This A.I.R. with sonic classic heroes (1+2)
can be the ultimate Sonic. An utopia, I think that idea!
Alright, took notes on the bugs.
It's debug mode, and this is really meant to be a reward for all those who can get to 10 achievements. No cheats or other easy way to unlock it. (Okay, there's a shortcut for modders, read the modding.pdf inside docs.)

OctoRaven

Press Start Screen
Apr 17, 2019
I'd want to keep the current custom style.

Is the problem the vc_redist installation only? If Sonic3AIR.exe works, you could safely ignore that.

Alright, took notes on the bugs.
It's debug mode, and this is really meant to be a reward for all those who can get to 10 achievements. No cheats or other easy way to unlock it. (Okay, there's a shortcut for modders, read the modding.pdf inside docs.)
no its the game wont work.. the install works but the game keeps giving the ''script execution completely stopped because call stack was emptied''

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
no its the game wont work.. the install works but the game keeps giving the ''script execution completely stopped because call stack was emptied''
Okay, if you get that far, the vc_redist installation is alright.
That error is usually the result if you haven't completely unpacked the ZIP file. Unpack it first, e.g. to your desktop, then start the Sonic3AIR.exe in the unpacked folder.

OctoRaven

Press Start Screen
Apr 17, 2019
Okay, if you get that far, the vc_redist installation is alright.
That error is usually the result if you haven't completely unpacked the ZIP file. Unpack it first, e.g. to your desktop, then start the Sonic3AIR.exe in the unpacked folder.
ok thanks it works

Gadesx

Press Start Screen
Apr 19, 2019
I don't wanna say that tails help it's a bug, only that it's different and I died of a rare way after he kill the boss but Sonic continue jumping and hitted the spike ball.

It's similar with the original game (last boss running) when the robot shoot the laser, if tails hit first. You fall to the pit. Because the hitbox.

It's neccesary know that this can happen.