don't click here

Game Sonic GT - Finished Development

Greedy_Raider

Marble Zone
Sep 7, 2018

SONIC GT IS FINISHED YOU CAN PLAY HERE: Sonic GT SHOWCASE.

---- Original -----​
HeaderSmall.JPG
Sonic Grand Tour Fan Game
Demo Release April 1º!

Hello! My name is Gabriel Gonzalez (a.k.a Greedy), I always loved the Sonic franchise , it was my first game way back in the days of the Master System with Sonic 1, and later Mega Drive Sonic 1 and 2, Later would return into the series on ADV 1 and 2.While I love the earlier 3D games from Sonic, I always felt that some part of the Genesis stile game was lost during the transition to 3D, both in level design and in game-play.

This project is made as an idea and an experiment of carrying over momentum based platforming into a 3D environment, the level design is made in a way that making a mistake will not force you to restart the level because you lost a life or because you cannot progress any further, every path , ring, enemy, slope (even rocks!) is a possible exploit that you can use to your advantage.

The Move-set for the game is quite big, but mostly optional. you can get from the start to finish by using only jumps and the homing attack, that being said, the tools at your disposal:
Jump/Homing attack/Jump Dash:
( A, Keyb Space, left mouse)
Homing attacks and Jump dashes will not force you into a halt, they will remove 5% of your total speed.
Hitting a target will sen you flying with most of your speed intact, but the direction upwards will depend on your angle of attack. Jump Dash can be hold for extra length and control.

Roll:
(R1, left Ctrl)
Roll is exaclty the same you would expect to be on a 16bit era game, it amplifies your speed and kill enemies on it's path. Keep in mind that while in the air you can always press R1 to curl into a ball if necessary.

Spin dash
( B , keyb Left Shift , right mouse )
Good Ol' Spin dash, can be charged on slopes, but not on walls.

Bounce :
On Air( B , keyb Left Shift , right mouse )
Bounce will send you flying straight into the ground, you can exploit this movement on slopes to get extra speed or change direction in a dime.

Stomp:
On Air( X , Keyb E )
Much like the bounce this move will Send you flying downwards , but instead of bouncing this move will completely stop your move, this can be used for precision landing and hard platforming.

Drop Dash:
On Air( R1 , keyb left ctrl )
The move from Mania's Sonic is also present, while weaker than the Spin dash, this can be used to keep you speed high into tricky sessions .Keep in mind that while in the air you can always press R1 to curl into a ball if necessary.

Light dash:
( Y , keyb F)
The light dash can be used on any ring thought the stage, it will always make you go faster than your old speed (it caps at 190m/s).

This demo contains the release of the Hill Top Zone which will be 1 of 3 levels intended for this project.
There are 4 missions and a Time attack mode at your disposal.

Download : https://sonicfangameshq.com/forums/showcase/sonic-grand-tour-fan-game-demo-1.270/

ScreenShots:
Sonic GT3_20_01_20_13 copy.JPG Sonic GT3_20_01_28_46 copy.JPG Sonic GT3_20_01_32_21 copy.JPG Sonic GT3_20_01_36_52 copy.JPG

Current Team:
Gabriel Gonzalez
Everything :)
http://www.youtube.com/c/GreedyRaider

Special Thanks to :

SuperSonic68 Creator of the Bumper Engine which was used as base for this project.

My friends at discord that always there to help and give opinions and advice:
@blealolealoleal @BoostedBandCamp @Hyperlink654
@This is a bit...Sketchy @gabrixter @infinite @Emerald
@Sir Draws

The amazing Sonic Community of Fans and Developers :)

Edit : This thread was renamed , Sonic GT was prior Called HILL TOP ZONE BUMPER ENGINE Project :)

Last edited:

WizToad

Marble Zone
Apr 13, 2018
UK
This looks really interesting so far. The level design looks nice and fastpaced and the decorations also look really nice. Do you plan on replacing some of the zone's textures in the future like the grass and ground tile? It's just that they look too much like Green Hill Zone's textures at the moment and they don't fit the zone at all.

Greedy_Raider

Marble Zone
Sep 7, 2018
This looks really interesting so far. The level design looks nice and fastpaced and the decorations also look really nice. Do you plan on replacing some of the zone's textures in the future like the grass and ground tile? It's just that they look too much like Green Hill Zone's textures at the moment and they don't fit the zone at all.
The wall tile must go somewhere between the mid end and the finish level, while they exist in the original. most of the HTZ have a much diferent pattern:
My only problem is that i really want to make some of it in 3d. At least the some of the higher parts. And i havent found an exact good patern for this texture also...

As for the grass.. Idk.. i dont mind it all that much... I only changed the pattern to fit the zone instead of the squares of green hill, It doesnt bother me all that much... but it can think about it.

Last edited:

OzGuy

Green Hill Zone
May 4, 2018
So I was looking for new BE levels and M I N D B L O W N

So many paths! And you designed the level to take full advantage of the physics! *squee*

Reactions: OldGamerNewWorld

Mira

Hubert Hubert is a legend.
Oct 15, 2018
Well, I can say with 100% certainty that this is one of my favorite fan games to play and speedrun. My pb is 1:37.08, if anyone wants to beat it.

Greedy_Raider

Marble Zone
Sep 7, 2018
Well, I can say with 100% certainty that this is one of my favorite fan games to play and speedrun. My pb is 1:37.08, if anyone wants to beat it.
Hey, Glad you are enjoying it! I've been concentrating on making some enhancements on the level, and cutting some bugs... might have the new alpha by next week ;) here is one of the changes :D

Mira

Hubert Hubert is a legend.
Oct 15, 2018
I'm coming back with a speedrunning update: My time has not changed, but I think I've found a few strats to help speedrun. the first is bouncing. On a slope, you'll gain tremendous speed, and if you can keep it, even better. It's a small thing, but there are a lot of places that allow for max bouncing speed. I'm pretty sure that the best way to gain speed this way is to spam the bounce button and keep building speed up. The second strat, I have yet to see if it's completely viable, but it's to homing attack enemies when their shields are up. Although I'm not good enough to fully utilize this, I'm sure one of you guys are. So, if you'd like, you can try these strats out and tell of your success, even if it was just to test them, and not an actual run. That's all, now back to theorizing with me.

Hoohee

Press Start Screen
Dec 24, 2018
Pretty awesome. Could you please share how you added an enemy that could shoot?

Smasklarpan

Green Hill Zone
Feb 4, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
These are amazingly fun to play. Great work on the level design and the aesthetics. Sega should really look into making another SA because these types of levels where you actually get to play around with the physics and the environment to get speed is what makes the game fun.