don't click here

Little Question Thread

Great Lange

The Great Lange
Apr 26, 2017
The Land of Waldos
If you have a minor question that can be answered in a post or two and doesn't require a discussion, please ask it here instead of making a thread for it.
If your post doesn't get an answer, it probably means nobody has one.

XL2

Spring Yard Zone
Aug 1, 2018
If you have a minor question that can be answered in a post or two and doesn't require a discussion, please ask it here instead of making a thread for it.
Is there a way to modify a showcase entry awaiting a moderator?
I can't find any edit button...
I want to add a couple of explanations and make a modification to my entry.

EDIT : Seems like the issue was resolved, there is now an edit button!

Last edited:
Reactions: P3DR0

MrLevRocks

Old, useless, bitter... Do I need to say more?
Aug 29, 2017
Deutschland
mrlevrocks.deviantart.com
I've got a question that shouldn't be too hard to answer:
I've created a submission for this year's SAGE under the showcase category, as should be and saved it as a draft for later, because I still had to upload the build and everything, but I cannot find the folder where my drafts are stored, nor, when I was editing it last, did I find the option to publish the draft. Could somebody be so kind and help me (and the future poor souls lost in the draft submission process) out with this?

Edit 1: I have found the solution for both issues. The drafts are saved under "Your Items" in the sidebar you don't pay attention to in the top-right corner, a bit hidden, but understandable once you got the gist of it. As for uploading it, you need to go into a submission draft and set its status to "In Moderation", then it will be shown "publicly" (it should once the staff is done checking it).

Last edited:

P3DR0

Administrator
Apr 26, 2017
Brass Hill Zone, Act 2
Like the others, I can't find out how to resume editing a booth's draft.
Maybe the button will magically appear once I post this.
Nope, it just lets me edit the tags.

Hello, @Hyper Emerson, as stated by @MrLevRocks and under the "Save as Draft" option...

upload_2018-8-18_12-20-36.png

Here's how to edit your drafts: Open the side-menu by pressing the big red button floating in the top right:

upload_2018-8-18_12-21-28.png

Under "Showcase" you will see a sub-menu called "Your Items", click it.

upload_2018-8-18_12-22-1.png

And finally on the sidebar block on the "Your Items" page you should see your drafts. Click it to edit it.

upload_2018-8-18_12-23-48.png

Once you are finished, make sure to submit for approval.

Hyper Emerson

Spring Yard Zone
Aug 14, 2017
yoritoshi.wordpress.com
So that's what they meant by the sidebar being a bit hidden. Thanks!

Edit:
No, I already knew how to get to the draft's page but there's still no edit button when I get there! Just a button for editing the tags. I guess I'll just delete the draft and start over.

Last edited:

Hyper Emerson

Spring Yard Zone
Aug 14, 2017
yoritoshi.wordpress.com
Yes, it should, but there's just options for deleting the item and locking comments.
The page also says I can't post comments on the item, so I think it's an issue of my account having restrictions on it since I've barely posted in the forums.

Spacer789

Green Hill Zone
Aug 28, 2018
So,i looked at the rules an i didnt really find an answer. can i Upload non sonic games here? i've seen a few non sonic games here,and i'm looking to upload a short little demo about ristar,i missed the upload time for sage,because i was only notified about it after it was done.

Great Lange

The Great Lange
Apr 26, 2017
The Land of Waldos
So,i looked at the rules an i didnt really find an answer. can i Upload non sonic games here? i've seen a few non sonic games here,and i'm looking to upload a short little demo about ristar,i missed the upload time for sage,because i was only notified about it after it was done.
Yes. There's already a bunch of examples of non Sonic games on the showcase.

Reactions: Spacer789

PM13

Shameless Recolor
Feb 25, 2018
How does one gather a team for a project?
You could probably check the Developer Registry and see who might be available to help. Alternatively, if you have a rough build of your project already, you could make an initial thread to showcase what you have, update it as needed, and state that you're looking for team members. I think that's allowed, so long as you aren't violating rule 5.

WarmTicFeet

Press Start Screen
Dec 2, 2019
Hey I don't know what I need to launch most games on here specifically sonic project hero, where do I get the launcher?

Cubemation

i make games or something
May 12, 2018
Hey I don't know what I need to launch most games on here specifically sonic project hero, where do I get the launcher?
You don't need a launcher to play any of the games here, just look after the game's executable file and open it. Some games have a configuration menu on start (depending on the game engine the game was made in), so if that pops up, look for a 'Play' button and click it.

ZackKyMurr

Press Start Screen
Oct 16, 2021

I know there are a lot of sonic
fan games, but what about nights and samba de amigo and super monkey ball? am i allowed to make those games?