don't click here

Sonic Worlds screen issue

AlexArtsHere

Older than you think...
Aug 23, 2018
Mr. Sakurai's Wild Ride
I recently downloaded several versions of Sonic Worlds (Simple, Delta, Partner System) to test out their physics and see which I want to use in a planned project, but whenever I try to run one of the included .exe files, the game is either stuck at the control setup screen or, in the case of Simple Sonic Worlds, displays a completely white Window, and the program stops responding shortly afterwards. Does anyone know the cause and/or fix for this issue?

Sorry if this has been resolved before, but I can't find any discussion on it either here or on Sonic Retro.

Edit: A little more info, I'm using a HP Omen 15 running Windows 10 and the program doesn't work on my integrated graphics card or my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

WizToad

Marble Zone
Apr 13, 2018
UK
I'm nowhere near a professional at this kind of stuff, but it could potentially have to do with how some game engines like Worlds don't work very well on some modern operating systems from what I heard. But don't quote me on that, it's just a wild guess really.

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
I had some crashing trouble with the Fusion file but that might be because I tried to open and run it with Fusion 2.5 and not Fusion 2, but I'm not 100% sure if that was the problem. Either way I found the problem to be the input system like you mentioned too, I couldn't get into the input/controls setup screen without the game crashing, and without the setup screen the game ofcourse didn't recognize the correct inputs when I tried to run the test level on it's own. So, I had to look for the events handling input and just replaced the events with good old "Player 1 Pressed KEY" and/or "Repeat while KEY is pressed" events. There might be some other way to fix this too tho, but this was how I quickly fixed it when I just quickly wanted to showcase the engine to a friend, I haven't properly used Sonic Worlds in a long time.