don't click here

Fan Game Sonic 3 A.I.R.

zinnosinno

Green Hill Zone
Oct 12, 2018
News on the project!
Since the last version, the game got two additions: Lava Reef Zone (that's six zones in total now), and the Special Stages together with all Super and Hyper forms!

Check it out here:
http://85.214.142.96/sonic3air_demo.zip
When I turn off smooth character rotation, the players disappear. Is this due to my computer or copy of the game, or a bug that needs fixing?

Besides that, good work on adding lava reef and special stages.

Attachments

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
When I turn off smooth character rotation, the players disappear. Is this due to my computer or copy of the game, or a bug that needs fixing?
Besides that, good work on adding lava reef and special stages.
Nothing wrong with your computer, it's really a bug in the latest version.

SanderNL

Press Start Screen
Sep 21, 2018
Hey Guys!
I have been working on a remixed pack for Sonic 3 A.I.R and i just finished making it for this demo
You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyl2imsdfo3vmbo/Music Replacement Mod.zip?dl=0
It already includes Marble Garden which Eukaryot has been working on the most according to his twitter ;)
NOTE: The miniboss music is most likely also broken for you so to fix it set the Miniboss theme to Sonic 3 (It will still play the S&K version)
NOTE2: The music is really loud compared to the SFX i recommend you setting the music volume to around 80% and Sound volume 90%
Open your Sonic 3 AIR folder and open the 'data' folder
Make a new folder called 'audio'
Extract the songs+json files out of the zip and enjoy.
Check out the spoiler for how i rate my remixes
Angel Island 1: Overall meh, some people may like it some may not
Angel Island 2: A tad better but again some people may dislike it
Hydrocity 1: I'd say pretty good, not my best but does the job quite well
Hydrocity 2: I'd say volume 200% because the remix is imo pretty great
Marble Garden 1: I'd say pretty good, not my best but does the job quite well
Marble Garden 2: Just a tad better than Marble 1
Ice Cap 1: I would say i did a good job on this one
Ice Cap 2: Actually the same as Ice Cap 1 but the percussion is removed
Mushroom Hill 1: I would say i did a good job on this one
Mushroom Hill 2: I would say better than Mushroom Hill 1 but not that much
Sandopolis 1+2: Hell yeah best remix in the game, It is very spooky
Lava Reef 1: Volume 150% for me i think i did a great job
Lava Reef 2/Hidden Palace: I personally think the Lava Reef 2 theme sucks so i remixed Song 10 from Sonic 2 and i think it ended up really really well
Act Clear: Not my best and may sound a bit Sonic 4
Miniboss: Pretty good
Major Boss: Also pretty goood
Data Select: Yeah it does the job and sounds ok
Knuckles theme: Does the job and sounds ok

ranidaekeek

Press Start Screen
Nov 25, 2018
Buddy, I got this problem when running A.I.R. on my P.C. It actually lacks great pieces of the scenario. The game runs smoothly and very fluid, but there's this issue. Some pictures:
upload_2018-11-25_14-37-27.png

upload_2018-11-25_14-38-57.png

upload_2018-11-25_14-39-40.png

upload_2018-11-25_14-40-5.png

upload_2018-11-25_14-40-40.png

This is my system:

upload_2018-11-25_14-45-15.png

(BTW, please ignore the "Activate Windows" thing. Thank you.)

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Looks like a typical hardware renderer problem. This seems to be pretty common, especially with Intel graphics cards.
Try to switch over to software rendering, it's described in the Manual PDF - that should fix the problems.

Reactions: ranidaekeek

ranidaekeek

Press Start Screen
Nov 25, 2018
Looks like a typical hardware renderer problem. This seems to be pretty common, especially with Intel graphics cards.
Try to switch over to software rendering, it's described in the Manual PDF - that should fix the problems.
Oh, so you actually included a Troubleshooting. Didn't noticed. How wonderful. Thanks!

ranidaekeek

Press Start Screen
Nov 25, 2018
Followed the instructions and everything went great. Wonderful job so far. Congrats and thanks. I'm so grateful for this fanbase, soon enough we will have all the great games available in HD widescreen 60fps.

HunLepto

Press Start Screen
Nov 28, 2018
Alright, the mod is incredible, but I have a very annoying problem so far. The game sometimes just speed up and slow down, it's like the game is following how many FPS my computer gets and set the game's speed to that number. Can you include an FPS capper or something?

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Alright, the mod is incredible, but I have a very annoying problem so far. The game sometimes just speed up and slow down, it's like the game is following how many FPS my computer gets and set the game's speed to that number. Can you include an FPS capper or something?
That's a pretty weird problem. The game uses the real-time system timer to make each frame 1/60 of second long. Or at least it usually does.
You might get around the speed changes by enforcing vertical synchronization (V-sync) for S3AIR in your graphics driver options, when using a monitor that happens to have a 60 Hz update rate. Many LCDs do, especially on notebooks, so this *might* help.

francis247uk

Green Hill Zone
Aug 9, 2018
UK
Hey Eukaryot, will we see the next release before Christmas do you think? With Marble Garden & Carnival Night that would be 8 stages so just over half way!

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Hey Eukaryot, will we see the next release before Christmas do you think? With Marble Garden & Carnival Night that would be 8 stages so just over half way!
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually kind of busy with other things at the moment (obviously it took me almost two weeks to answer your question... :emoji_worried: )
The next update still takes some time, I'd say the release will be somewhere in January. It's going to be a larger update - the two new zones, and some other stuff I'm right in the middle of implementing.

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
In the last two weeks, progress on S3AIR went surprisingly good. Probably because of the free days around Christmas. :emoji_smiley:
That means there's no need to wait until January for the next demo, but it's ready now:
http://85.214.142.96/sonic3air_demo.zip

New features include:
  • Marble Garden Zone
  • Carnival Night Zone
  • Title Screen with intro and rolling demos
  • Reworked main menu
  • Save games via the Data Select screen
  • And as always, quite some bug fixes here and there, as well as new options

Have fun!

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Yes, you can choose between the Sonic 3 and the Sonic & Knuckles title music in the options.

Ronald Rose

Green Hill Zone
Jun 3, 2018
Is There Going to be a Slot Machine Bonus, Hidden Palace Zone, Sky Sanctuary Zone and Doomsday Zone in the Next Release Update?

Ronald Rose

Green Hill Zone
Jun 3, 2018
Still a work in progress, but here's the first music mod pack for the remastered soundtrack. Covering all tracks in the current demo.

A few of them (Ice Cap, S3 Miniboss) may seem a bit on the loud side, but this was also the case on the original hardware, I'll probably reduce them further down the line along with a bit of dynamics processing on the soundtrack as a whole.

I'm also keen to replace the PSG hi-hats at some point, they sound a little rough next to the cleaner kick/snare DAC samples, probably the very reason they were replaced in the Sonic 1 & 2 remasters.

Just put the "audio" folder from the download into the "data" folder of your Sonic 3 AIR installation.

Any feedback or suggestions very much appreciated.

***Update*** Latest version (10/27/2018) available here: https://ufile.io/nmro7
Will You Add PC Soundtrack Too, Once ValleyBell Gives You Request?

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Is There Going to be a Slot Machine Bonus, Hidden Palace Zone, Sky Sanctuary Zone and Doomsday Zone in the Next Release Update?
I'm planning to keep the next update smaller, so it is ready on time for the 25th anniversary of Sonic 3 (on February 2).
For the same reason, my focus is entirely on completing the Sonic 3 part - in other words, probably only Launch Base Zone will get added.

G Spindash

Green Hill Zone
Sep 3, 2018
Scotland
linktr.ee
Hey all. Apologies for the radio silence and lack of updates on my end. Real life got in the way. Just haven't had the time to throw myself into audio work for quite a while now. However, hope to rectify that over the next couple of weeks and hopefully get the majority of the remastered soundtrack finished. Also hope to upload it to a more reliable place than before (one that doesn't expire), so it's more readily available to those looking for it.

Great to see the latest progress Eukaryot! Getting closer and closer to the perfect S3&K experience. I look forward to giving the new version a playthrough. :emoji_grin:

Regarding the PC tracks, yes, my intention is to provide alternative, cleaned up versions of the tracks featured in S3 Complete. This has however, hit a couple of barriers behind the scenes. I'll attempt to help move things along on this front when the original soundtrack's done.

Ristar's soundtrack is still on the back burner, it's just not cleaning up as well as I hoped it would, not sure if there's enough to be gained from doing it compared to the original. Will look at that later down the line.

I also fully intend on doing the Sonic 3D Blast/Flickies Island Gen/MD soundtrack after S3K. It uses a very similar, if not identical sound engine, and will benefit in exactly the same way as S3K does now. Possibly with a side quest of creating a mod for PC/Saturn versions. We'll see, that'll have its own relevant thread when the time comes.

For now, hope everyone's having a great new year!:emoji_v: