Update 6/29/20: We now have the SAGE 2020 logo and multiple variants for you to choose from available. Grab the media kit now!
- For this year making use of Sonic Fan Games HQ’s Showcase is mandatory. If you’re unsure how to use the Showcase, please refer to our guide below!
- Please do NOT send your entry to the SAGE email. If you do not use the Showcase, YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED TO SAGE.
- Likewise, all entries with less than 500MB must be uploaded directly to the site.
- Each game entry must contain a image in square format (1:1) of, at least, 500x500 for the SAGE website. This does not have to be the same as your submission's cover, just needs to be attached to the gallery.
- All game entries must be submitted by August 21st 2020, 11:59 PM CDT.
- Entries can be updated after registration and even during the event.
- ROM Hacks and Mods are allowed, given they have considerable changes from its source. Level ports, character swaps and so on, as technically impressive as they may be, won’t be accepted.
- If you have multiple game projects to submit, please follow the submission guidelines for each project and submit them separately.
- Frameworks/Engines are welcome but must follow the same guidelines as stated above.
- Entries from users currently banned from SFGHQ and/or Sonic Retro won’t be accepted.
The TrailerSimilar to years prior, we will be making a SAGE trailer featuring some of the games. If you’d like your submission featured in the SAGE 2020 Highlight Trailer, please send a separate email with your footage with “Trailer” along with the name of your game in the subject line. We ask that the game footage be kept to 15 seconds, 1920×1080, .mp4 format, and 60 fps. Please submit your footage to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Trailer” in the subject line no later than July 18 2020, 11:59 PM CDT.
- Minimum Content
- Not a contest
- Submission Accessibility
- Do not hold your submission hostage
- Your game should be a game
- Please make English the primary language for your booth!
- A note on Patreons and Donations for Fan Games
- To reserve your time for streaming, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Each stream entry must have the following:
- The name of your stream.
- The time at which you would like to broadcast your stream.
- What content your stream will involve.
- A link to your current stream page.
- We will do our best to work with and around everyone’s schedules. Keep in mind we will have plans in the beginning and end of SAGE, but the rest of the slots will go quick. Make sure to get your submission in as soon as possible!
- Unless you have a very specific reason for your show to be longer, please try to keep slot reservations in the 2-3 hour range, though this is a loose restriction that is much more lax during the less active hours of the event. (Usually 1 am to 5 AMish CDT)
- Streams targeted at English-speaking audiences will take priority in our time slots.
Booth Guide!On the SFGHQ website, register an account. Either of these buttons will do! If you have any trouble, you can contact staff on the SFGHQ Discord.
Navigate your way to the showcase (or go straight there with this link https://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forums/showcase/) and hit the "add item" button.
This will bring up the showcase categories you can post your submission to. Click on the one your submission belongs in, whether it's an original game, fan game, or framework (aka engine).
On the submission page, add a prefix next to the title, and use one of the SAGE prefixes to mark your submission as a SAGE entry. Be sure to do this, otherwise we will most likely miss your entry!
And that should do it! Once again, if you have any questions about booths, guidelines, regulations, deadlines, or anything else, feel free to hit us up on the SFGHQ Discord!